I'm getting a milking machine!!!! Woohoo!!!! more video links p4

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
I don't shut the suction off. Just hold onto the teat right above the shell and it will release in about 5 seconds.

When you get used to it, you'll find yourself walking away and doing other things while the does get milked LOL It's great!

And now, I'll have to order silicone inflations for the ND shells since I saw yours...way cool for milking demos, to be able to SEE in there!

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
Yeah, they put those on one set for my ff's with teensy teats, I love watching them! I have the larger black ones on the other set for my older doe with the ginormous teats.

I just know I am going to love this thing and will wonder how I did without it. It is awesome already, not using my hands in this way. I love-love-love to hand milk, but.....as a working massage therapist, I know that the worst movement for my hands is any squeezing movement. Hard to hand milk without squeezing..... :p

Hold onto the teat? Meaning pinch it so some air can get into the inflation? Clarify, please. I'll try it tomorrow.

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
Or you can just bend the hose so the suction shuts off to the shell/inflation.

Great video, Free! Peach is a good girl!

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
I'll be pinching poor little teaties tomorrow just to try it! :lol:

I tried pinching/ bending the tubing and maybe it is because it is brand-new, but the tubing is too firm. I can always just turn the valve, just gotta remember to!

PattySh

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have a shutoff valve right above my inflations. I turn that then put my finger into the top of the inflation to break suction. At first it was harder to get everything going smoothly but now it's a breeze. Once you get used to everything it all goes smoothly. I actually know how long it takes to milk each one now and can do chores like feed the rabbits (close by) or fill water buckets etc. I don't venture too far but does help get the chores done quicker. I am going to get another stand made and put the second set of inflations back on my machine soon to milk 2 at a time as I expect another goat to kid in June, Then we will have 6 milking. Figured I do one at a time while I was learning. Just have to find time to build another stand and modify the one we have to have a "side rail " as it won't be against the wall.

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
I used the shut off valve and pinched those teaties today and it worked great! No more yanked teats like you saw in my video.....ow! :p

chandasue

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Nice! Now my I have a new goal... get enough does in milk to justify a milking machine! :gig
DH is gonna kill me. ROFL

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
I got another video done, how I clean my machine after milking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdD8LblQkgU

The plan is to also add a set up video and a milking video. This will be in place should I have an emergency and can't milk my goats....I'll be able to have a friend come and do their best. With all the fancy phones out there (I'm clueless, can hardly use the tv remote!) I'll probably ask my techy-est friend because he'll be able to stand by the milking stand and watch and re-watch the videos if needed. :p

But maybe these videos will help someone who is considering a machine or just got one and is a bit intimidated by it, as I was at first.....remember, I can barely change channels on the tv! It really is easy, once you do it once or twice.

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score