I'm having babies tonight ... wait, make that this morning

username taken

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
2.57am started to push

3.05am.

HUGE great hunking lumpish GIANT of a doe kid!

Presented with a head and one leg, which would have been fine had the kid not been so huge with a great boof head on her. So I helped a little and kidzilla was born.

On her feet 2 mins after birth, suckling 5 mins after birth. She's a ripper, this kid. Fiesty as anything, which amazes me since its so freezing freezing cold tonight.

She's BIG, solid white, didnt inherit her mum's parrot jaw (yay) and she's got PRICK EARS! how that happened I have no clue cos her dad's a boer. Oh, she's gonna be a nice one.

Photos are horrible considering it was 3am, and I had a spotlight plus a torch n thats it. But here you go - a couple just-born ones and I mean literally not yet 5 mins old. More dry,fluffy, well-lit pictures in the morning ... tomorrow ... um, I mean, maybe in a few hrs when I get some sleep! lol

Mum figured her name had to be annie, cos her mum is anna, but honestly when I looked at her, that big boof head and the prick ears, I immediately thought Miffy (after that cartoon rabbit - google image it and you'll see what I mean).

Photobucket is being disgustingly slow OF COURSE because I'm falling asleep ...

okay I'm gonna have to make you go without photos cos its still trying to upload and I just fell asleep so I need to get to bed while I'm still upright. Pics in a few hrs

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations! I'm glad all went well. We'll wait a few hours for pics but then........ :D

username taken

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Not the greatest pics but what do you expect at 3am with a spotlight and torch lol

DSCF7284.jpg

DSCF7287.jpg

DSCF7288.jpg

DSCF7289.jpg

DSCF7294.jpg

Its hard to tell cos she's still not 100% dry and fluffy, but I think she's got a few orange patches on her head and body. Not sure yet whether that is hair colour or just meconium, she was very yellow when she came out.

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She really is a big girl! Looking forward to seeing dry, fluffy pics of her.

homesteadingcowgirl

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
those are wonderful pics. I hope you are rested up. If I could transform myself there, it would definitely save on airfare!!!! :lol:
Mom looks pretty good size herself. Did you figure out if there are orangish colors or is that just birthing "stuff" Congradulations, you are now a grandparent!

cowgirl

username taken

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
oh yes, mum is a biiiiiiig saanen. dad is a moderate frame boer.

the faint tinge you can see on her head in these pics, I think is a bit of colour. the brighter stuff on the legs and tail is meconium.

I havent been out for a few hours actually, just been snoozing and having breakfast. I'll take some more pics later and we will see for sure about the colour.

username taken

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
so lets hope that:

a) she DOESNT set the trend for the others to all kid at night
b) she DOESNT set the trend for the others all to have singletons
c) she DOES set the trend for the others all to have girls

LOL

helluva way to start the kidding season!