I'm woolin' it!

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
What does one make with such thick and lumpy yarn?

Similar things to other yarns.
People always mention rugs first, IDK why, that's an insult in my mind. Why would you want something you put so much effort into to be used to wipe filthy shoes or feet on? :hide

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
"loom knitting a pony" ... is that spinnerese or does it mean you are actually creating a figure of a horse?

Found it in a loom group, but I don't have a small enough loom, so, its gonna look wonky!
Screenshot_20191215-182906_Facebook.jpg
Got the 4 legs & body stitched n stuffed.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
People always mention rugs first, IDK why, that's an insult in my mind. Why would you want something you put so much effort into to be used to wipe filthy shoes or feet on? :hide
Evidently they are thoughtless idiots.

What comes to my mind is a bulky crochet sweater. I bet it would be WARM!

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rugs should use yarn that is rough or scratchy. If your yarn is soft, I would think it would be great for sweater or blanket. Or a shawl. There's lots of things you can make with chunky yarn.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rugs should use yarn that is rough or scratchy. If your yarn is soft, I would think it would be great for sweater or blanket. Or a shawl. There's lots of things you can make with chunky yarn.

It has a poke to it, but I'm not overly sensitive like many are, so it doesn't bother me. And as outerwear, it should be fine, sweaters aren't usually turtlenecks. Lol

I wonder if I'll have enough to make a realistic sized blanket out of it. Stores carry tiny ones that hardly cover anything and always such horribly thin material. Everything is so craptastically and cheaply made these days.

Latest posts