insert foul word here--She's growing up!

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
Well of course she was running with the dogs. She thinks she is one as they have been her playmates. I suppose now that she is being weaned it won't be long and she will have to learn she is a cow.
If she would quit head butting them and kicking them, she could run with them, not after them!
Hope she learns she is a cow, I don't need another dog!
I have 2 heifers I want to put in with her, that should help!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:
Well of course she was running with the dogs. She thinks she is one as they have been her playmates. I suppose now that she is being weaned it won't be long and she will have to learn she is a cow.
If she would quit head butting them and kicking them, she could run with them, not after them!
Didn't you break her of head butting when feeding her? Or does she just do it to the dogs?

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:
Didn't you break her of head butting when feeding her? Or does she just do it to the dogs?
She headbutts anybody or anything when ever she feels like it! Just when you think your safe, she will git cha!
I've never had one this hard headed!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:
thewife said:
She headbutts anybody or anything when ever she feels like it! Just when you think your safe, she will git cha!
I've never had one this hard headed!
Be ready, catch her, flip her. I had one that that's how I broke her. It surprised her so bad she didn't do it again. Just make sure your not where she could fall on sticks, stones, or something similar where she could get hurt.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
I opened Smokeys little pasture to the whole herd yesterday!
She was so excited, she was running, bucking and kicking all over the place! When she finally calmed down enough to be petted, the other calves stood and stared at us! They probably figure she's just nuts, letting that human touch her!
She stuck close to the house when the herd left for the bottom front field, the boy said she was out under the yard light last night when he came home!
I found her today in the lower back field, hanging out with all the other calves!
The apron strings aren't completely cut yet, I was on the quad and she followed me the whole trip around that field checking fences! Then she followed me home, bringing the whole herd witth her!

amysflock

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
Be ready, catch her, flip her. I had one that that's how I broke her. It surprised her so bad she didn't do it again. Just make sure your not where she could fall on sticks, stones, or something similar where she could get hurt.
Wow, I can't imagine trying to flip either of our calves. They're both so big and strong. Is there a trick?

And yeah, thewife, let's see some pics of your little shadow calf!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
amysflock said:
Farmer Kitty said:
Wow, I can't imagine trying to flip either of our calves. They're both so big and strong. Is there a trick?

Your's are getting big enough that it will be trickier to do.

What you do is grab them by the head and pull their head to the side and then up to go over their neck. On their way over the neck they end up off balance and go down. I hope I've explained it well enough. It doesn't hurt them as your not taking them through motions that they can't do themselves but, your not letting them reset their feet which causes them to loose balance.

mully

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
amysflock said:
Farmer Kitty said:

Your's are getting big enough that it will be trickier to do.

What you do is grab them by the head and pull their head to the side and then up to go over their neck. On their way over the neck they end up off balance and go down. I hope I've explained it well enough. It doesn't hurt them as your not taking them through motions that they can't do themselves but, your not letting them reset their feet which causes them to loose balance.
LOL Cow Tipping and i thought it just a just something teenage boys did ....would make a great "training video" :lol: :bun

Latest posts