Interlocking rubber mats on sleeping benches?

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
What do you mean?

There is good reason. Most get on the "raw milk" thing/hype. The issue is the bacteria's today are NOT the same strains grandpa and grandma had on their farm. They have mutated and are quite dangerous and deadly. AND you cannot see this bacteria. Goats can live with these at certain levels but we cannot.

I could care less if someone does raw or not. I just think people should fully educate themselves on the subject AND not just believe everything about how pastuerization kills everything.

"Food" for thought (pun intended) ;)
This is a list of zoonotic illnesses.... read through and you will see how many come through milk.
http://iiad.tamu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Meat-Goat-and-Sheep-Part-2-English.pdf

Next is a video link of a fascinating giant petri dish with e-coli and antibiotics. It is WILD!

As far as Apple Cider Vinegar goes. It does not kill as much bacteria as many think.
Wow!

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Southern by choice , Yes, I have read up on it, but I've that probably 99% those illnesses were from people who weren't being sanitary (and I know a lot of people who aren't). I've been off and on about it. I might start pasteurizing, I sometimes do.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I believe I've read before that many use a warm water with liquid dawn and bleach wash, followed by a warm water rinse, then milk, followed by application of fight bac &/or bag balm or whatever you're using.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Southern by choice , Yes, I have read up on it, but I've that probably 99% those illnesses were from people who weren't being sanitary (and I know a lot of people who aren't). I've been off and on about it. I might start pasteurizing, I sometimes do.

Not necessarily.

@Southern by choice , what udder wash do you use? I used to use a one part water, one part rubbing alcohol wash, but it seemed so harsh.

We use water with a drop of soap and a drop of bleach, some use iodine/betadine before and after...
We dry, strip, and milk, then use fight bac

We stopped dipping.

Latest posts