Interlocking rubber mats on sleeping benches?

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well I wouldn't use rubber mats with the goaties because it would be one more thing to clean... what I mean is the goaties would play with the mats and if possible push the mats on the ground and then sleep on the wood while others chewed on the mats. I like the KISS system... Keep It Simple. By the way my goaties don't have sleeping benches. They do have shelter buy don't always use the shelter. They like sleeping under the stars.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well I wouldn't use rubber mats with the goaties because it would be one more thing to clean... what I mean is the goaties would play with the mats and if possible push the mats on the ground and then sleep on the wood while others chewed on the mats. I like the KISS system... Keep It Simple. By the way my goaties don't have sleeping benches. They do have shelter buy don't always use the shelter. They like sleeping under the stars.

LOL we have had benches which the goats loved. Now no benches in the barn but spools outside.
But our walkway that goes down the center of the barn... yeah at one end they knocked the board off ( so many times I gave up) and the dogs and the baby goats go under there! So funny! You will see goat after goat come out then 1-2 dogs. It is a riot!

about 6 of them have already come out ... they are so weird!
Sept 3,2016 042.JPG
Sept 3,2016 044.JPG
Sept 3,2016 045.JPG
Sept 3,2016 046.JPG
Sept 3,2016 047.JPG
Sept 3,2016 049.JPG
Sept 3,2016 099.JPG

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
:yuckyuck That's too funny! Commando animals... belly crawl to escape the concentration camp...

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I use a bucket of water with bleach and Dawn for the udder wash, then Fight Bac when I am done. I have been known to drink my milk raw but most of the time I pasteurize it and I always pasteurize if I am making cheese or ice cream and other people will be tasting it. I don't believe that the illnesses causes by milk are caused by unsanitary milking practices. The bacteria is in the milk. Period. Unfortunately you can't see it and many of the dairies that sell raw milk run tests every day on their milk. I will not be selling raw milk, I could never live with thinking that I unknowingly killed someone and it is a very real risk.

@Green Acres Farm are your goats tested for Brucellosis and Tuberculosis?

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I use UC Davis as I live in CA, but there are others. WADDL and PAVL come to mind. Your vet needs to do the TB. I haven't done those tests either but need to before next spring. If you are drinking raw milk you really need to test for these diseases; IMO, you are risking your life if you don't. It is one reason I haven't had raw milk in the last 3 years...I got educated and it was eye opening and frightening.