Intro to my menagerie.

Jego

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello!

We live in the Midwest. We have ducks, chickens, dogs, and a thrianta rabbit. We plan to get a thrianta doe soon so my kids will be able to each show and we will be able to breed them. We used to have French angoras, but they were a lot of work and kind of mean. 😆
20201227_125551.jpg

Eventually, we hope to expand to fiber goats, too.

I would especially love to meet others who breed thriantas.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I never heard of a thriantas rabbits. But yours is a pretty rabbit. Welcome to the forum!

Jego

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
:welcome

Never heard of that breed either but love the white fluffy looking feet. Please enlighten us on the breed.
Thank you all! It's nice to meet you.

They are somewhat rare. They were only recently introduced to the US by Glenn Carr. He brought them from Holland.

They are characterized by their deep red color and full, chubby faces. I am still learning about them because I am no rabbit expert! Apparently there is a lot of work to be done in breeding them, so they can vary widely from the SOP.

I love them. This is the nicest rabbit I have ever owned. Since he's a buck, that makes a difference. But he gives kisses for treats, so he's won me over. 😆

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you all! It's nice to meet you.

They are somewhat rare. They were only recently introduced to the US by Glenn Carr. He brought them from Holland.

They are characterized by their deep red color and full, chubby faces. I am still learning about them because I am no rabbit expert! Apparently there is a lot of work to be done in breeding them, so they can vary widely from the SOP.

I love them. This is the nicest rabbit I have ever owned. Since he's a buck, that makes a difference. But he gives kisses for treats, so he's won me over. 😆
He sure is cute.