Intro to the Lazy A** Acres

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
We began this endeavor about a year ago...with our 3 Goats...this is Star an 8yr pygmy doe... IMAG0802.jpg......this is Comet a 16mnth wether, he is a pygmy/boer cross....about 66% boer...IMAG0807.jpg.....and last but not least....this is Lightning....a wk older pygmy/boer cross, but is about 66% pygmy...IMAG0812.jpg......we added to our 'Spread' this yr with 12 ducks....5 Rouen hens, 6 Khaki hens, and 1 Khaki drake....IMAG0761.jpg......and also 11 Golden Laced Wyandottes....9hens, 2roos....IMAG0743.jpg.....next yr we are looking to add 2-3 donkeys.....so, don't let the name 'Fool Ya'...we and our 'Growing Group' are far from being 'Lazy A**es' here. I am also on BYC with the same moniker....just in case ya was wondering....LOL!!....we are located in Northern Mississippi about 70 mi south of Mphs, Tn.....out in the Sticks!!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH! Nice looking group of animals you have there. I'm all in favor of being in the sticks... moving there next week. Only problem I'm having is finding an internet provider. No luck just yet. Anyway, browse around and jump in when you have a notion. Make yourself at home!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hear
Greetings and welcome to BYH! Nice looking group of animals you have there. I'm all in favor of being in the sticks... moving there next week. Only problem I'm having is finding an internet provider. No luck just yet. Anyway, browse around and jump in when you have a notion. Make yourself at home!
.....I hear ya on the internet...the only connection we have is the Smart phone....as long as there is Power for the signal booster...no storms...and the Wind is blowing in the right direction...LOL....our computer has never been connected so we have gotten used to it....I'd never go back to 'City Living' we rather be with our animals over the riff-raff that seems to be prevalent in 'Society' today....LOL!! Thanks for the welcome and 'Jumping In' isn't difficult for me to do.....most ask me Not too....LOL....sure hope things work out for ya....there'll be some adjustment, but ya won't Regret it!!......we don't....I'm sure we'll run into each other again....thanks again!!

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi! Love the farm name. I used to have some friends in the Tupelo area, can't remember the name of the small town now, but he was the local vet. I loved going to visit them, so relaxed and laid back.
You're right, city living is the pits. I'm in a fairly large city and hate it so much after growing up out in the sticks. As soon as we do our move to Fort Sill, we're moving out of town. Nothing like raising kids in the sticks!

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Agree with that! We are lucky to raise our daughter on the farm!

Welcome, it looks like you're enjoying the critters and being out in the sticks! Lots of goat people on here to chat with!

micah wotring

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hey, welcome from West Virginia! This is an awesome site (So is BYC) with so many helpful knowledgable people on here so if ya need to know something let us know! (I ain't got that much experience with animals so I was talking about the others XD. Thanks you guys)

:)
MW

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Agree with that! We are lucky to raise our daughter on the farm!

Welcome, it looks like you're enjoying the critters and being out in the sticks! Lots of goat people on here to chat with!
Oh my...NH....lol....I spent a couple of yrs in Winter Harbor, Me....this southern boy saw enough Snow and Cold temps to last a Lifetime!!....absolutely Beautiful up that way....but, Summer doesn't last long enough up there...in fact, I got started with animals up there....helped a man out tending to his Sheep....sure was glad to get back down South where I belong....LOL....ya can't see it, but I 'Tipped my Hat' to ya!!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi! Love the farm name. I used to have some friends in the Tupelo area, can't remember the name of the small town now, but he was the local vet. I loved going to visit them, so relaxed and laid back.
You're right, city living is the pits. I'm in a fairly large city and hate it so much after growing up out in the sticks. As soon as we do our move to Fort Sill, we're moving out of town. Nothing like raising kids in the sticks!
Oh, Fort Sill?....been there a few times dancing and singing at PowWows know quite a few people in that area...most are Native Americans....lots of Horses in that neck of the woods.