Intro to the Lazy A** Acres

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The Army still likes to play yo-yo. Since 2006 I've been in Arizona, New York, Colorado, New York, Texas, and off to Oklahoma soon!

Snakes don't bother me, I learned at an early age what to worry about and to leave the rest alone. I shoot rattlesnakes, but that's about it, everything else gets to live and go about it's business. Spiders, eh, I don't care for the camel spiders we get here, those things are big and ugly, but they flush just like any other spider.
Somewhere I have a pic of me holding a rattlesnake by the tail about shoulder high and where it's head used to be is at my ankles - I'm 5'3". He was a good sized one, ruined him by shooting him and he was coiled so it went through 3 layers of snake, lol.

I found this in my living room a couple of months ago:

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
The Army still likes to play yo-yo. Since 2006 I've been in Arizona, New York, Colorado, New York, Texas, and off to Oklahoma soon!

Snakes don't bother me, I learned at an early age what to worry about and to leave the rest alone. I shoot rattlesnakes, but that's about it, everything else gets to live and go about it's business. Spiders, eh, I don't care for the camel spiders we get here, those things are big and ugly, but they flush just like any other spider.
Somewhere I have a pic of me holding a rattlesnake by the tail about shoulder high and where it's head used to be is at my ankles - I'm 5'3". He was a good sized one, ruined him by shooting him and he was coiled so it went through 3 layers of snake, lol.

I found this in my living room a couple of months ago:
Oh My!!....better be Careful when ya pack to Move....ya wouldn't want to Take any with Ya!!....LOL!!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's good to hear what others experience during change of seasons. When I was in FL for winter 50 degrees was like freezing to those natives -- bundled up in coats/gloves -- while those in CO would think it was tank top weather! :p

BUT -- to hear of hoses freezing within the time you let the water flow because of -20 degrees -- THAT is too cold for me! On our horse forum the discussion was "how" to keep tanks full, useable, etc., especially if power out. Livestock makes us address these things.:th

I am living where these things are not extreme -- hot or cold -- so a couple weeks of issues can be worked through, not welcome but, doable. :celebrate
Yeh I'm right along with ya on that....we have a well and a generator so we can Pump....sure would hate to think about having to Haul water for just the little that we have...much less switching places with ya...but with horses I could just fence an area around the pond...or use them to pull a wagon to the others....LOL....but, I don't have much confidence in the Future as I 'See It' with the situation in the nation, so am going to add 2-3 donkeys in case they are needed...always trying to 'Plan Ahead'.