Introducing Beaux

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Beaux is fitting in just fine. Him and Trip have become good friends. When he bounds up to the fence to say HI to Paris, she growls at him. So far, they haven't crossed trails. I caught him barking at the sheep and scolded him, that worked for awhile. he did it again and I dragged him by the collar up to the fence and read him the riot act. He hasn't barked at them again. I need to put him in the lot with the sheep and lower the boom on him if he chases them, but haven't done that yet. He is so tender, I just say No in a calm voice and he is crushed. He chewed up a plastic bucket, so I dragged him to it, scolded calmly, then started picking up the pieces, asking with each piece, "Did you do that?" He was frozen in place. I picked up all the mess, put it on the porch, still a frozen dog was looking stricken, so I sat on the porch step and called him to me. I let him know I wasn't disappointed in him any more and he went off to play.

Today we got 6 guinea chicks. They are in a tub on the porch. Seeing visions of chicks getting played with, I caught him by the collar and dragged him to the tub. I told him No. He peed on my shoe. :lol: I caught a chick, put it under his nose and said no, it's mine. he peed on the floor. I let him go and he peed a trail all the way off the porch. :gigHe had been on and off the porch all afternoon and tonight, has shown NO interest in what ever is in that tub.

He is happy, running all over the place and hanging out with his buddy Trip. He ran down the sheep lot fence one day and Trip took him down, gnawed on his head, then let him up. Beaux ran into the corner, up against the sheep lot. Trip bulldozed him again, gnawed on his head and growled at him. Trip let him up again and Beaux took off running, AWAY from the sheep. Good boy Trip!

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Catahoulas are smart. There was one in my agility class for a while and he learned the course in a flash. Didn't have to show him twice. Sounds like a good boy.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just heard Trouble up on the porch and suspicious sounds......looked out the window and sure enough, he had one of the grands plastic toy and was about to munch out on it. I went outside, scolded, put it in his mouth, scolded again and he ran under the porch. I sat down, called him to me and petted him. Then I tossed a bone, told him good dog. He grabbed it and ran under the porch with it. One item at a time.....LOL

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Back to "normal" with some help of occasdional pain med. Can drive ok and been sleeping in bed since Night #1. After a month weight restriction is lifted.
This is good news. I am glad that you got that taken care of, no sense in suffering if it is something that can be fixed. But then you have the recovery......and the going nuts because you can't do the things you want to. But it will all heal up and you will be better than ever.