Introduction I'm a new farmer

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from NW Mississippi!!....:frow
We have goats, chickens, ducks, and cats here. It sounds like ya have a good start and a plan for the future. There is a ton of information in the existing Forums and Threads and plenty of down home folk to assist ya with any question or advice when asked on most any topic....so, if ya have a question, comment, or advice while browsing around....feel free to post at will. We all love pics too, so don't hesitate to share pics of your animals as ya wish.
Again....:welcome

Jeanne Sheridan

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Welcome from NW Mississippi!!....:frow
We have goats, chickens, ducks, and cats here. It sounds like ya have a good start and a plan for the future. There is a ton of information in the existing Forums and Threads and plenty of down home folk to assist ya with any question or advice when asked on most any topic....so, if ya have a question, comment, or advice while browsing around....feel free to post at will. We all love pics too, so don't hesitate to share pics of your animals as ya wish.
Again....:welcome
We have 23 goats currently and are breading 6 does later this month. I'm having problems with my old lap top not wanting to talk to my new apple phone so I don't know when pictures will be possible.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
If ya access the site on your phone, then ya can upload straight from the phone....it is pretty easy to do so....all I have is a cell phone for internet access. At the bottom of the reply box you'll see an upload file button....select it....then choose documents from the list on the pop-up screen and the pics on the phone will be available to upload....tap the one ya want to upload and it will begin uploading....when it is finished it will have the choice of a thumbnail or full-size....I always use the thumbnail as it can be expanded and fits better in the reply box. Ya can place it where ya want it within any text....just tap the button when ya wish to insert it and it will appear in the reply box with any text.....when finished, just tap the post reply button and it will post it on the thread....:)

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from VA. We love new people. They add a lot and we help them, too. It's great.

By the way, if you will add your location in your profile we can know where you are -- in general. Often it make a difference in communication between us as location can make a huge difference in replies &/or advice.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
:frow Hi! Welcome to BYH from beautiful East Texas. So nice to have you join us! Where are you located? It always helps to know that, if you have a question about your animals. Sometimes the answer might be regional.

Wow! You have only been doing this for a year and a half and have 23 goats!?!?! My DH and I have been on our little piece of heaven (5 acres) for 2-1/2 years and have five goats right now. We did have nine, but sold our four Nigerian Dwarf wethers earlier in the summer.

Our goats are LaMancha dairy goats. Two are does, that I am milking once a day and getting 1-1/4 gallons. The other three are kids from this past Spring's freshening - 2 wethers and one doeling.

We also have chickens, ducks, geese and two awesome LGDs.

You have come to the right place to learn about goats and other farm animals. I think you will find that we are a friendly lot, who love to help others succeed.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Texas! We moved to our 8 acres 3 years ago, we have hair sheep, horses, chickens, ducks and at the moment, pigs. We are on our 3rd set of pigs, we generally just raise feeder pigs.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome from another in NE TX... Glad to have you with us. Please browse around and make yourself at home.

Jeanne Sheridan

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:frow Hi! Welcome to BYH from beautiful East Texas. So nice to have you join us! Where are you located? It always helps to know that, if you have a question about your animals. Sometimes the answer might be regional.

Wow! You have only been doing this for a year and a half and have 23 goats!?!?! My DH and I have been on our little piece of heaven (5 acres) for 2-1/2 years and have five goats right now. We did have nine, but sold our four Nigerian Dwarf wethers earlier in the summer.

Our goats are LaMancha dairy goats. Two are does, that I am milking once a day and getting 1-1/4 gallons. The other three are kids from this past Spring's freshening - 2 wethers and one doeling.

We also have chickens, ducks, geese and two awesome LGDs.

You have come to the right place to learn about goats and other farm animals. I think you will find that we are a friendly lot, who love to help others succeed.
I'll add my location. We are on 30 acres in SW Washington. We have 10 does, we will only be breeding 6 of them this year. We breed all 10 last year and had a total of 20 kids. We have sold 4 wethers born here and two others that we picked up last year with one of our mommas along with both of our bucks. We also sold 3 little doelings who weren't pure Nubian. Our original plan was to make and sell goat cheese but after handling 10 births in 9 weeks we decided to just breed pure breed Nubian instead. To make a living with goat cheese we would have had to have around 200 - 250 does in milk. That is a lot of deliveries and a lot of goats to find new owners for each summer. We still have a wether and 2 doe we are looking to sell to have just pure papered Nubians.