Introduction

naturepatty

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to goat raising. I was a city girl growing up. I have been living in the country for the last 16yrs. I have been raising chickens and show rabbits. I decided this year to buy a herd of rabbits for meat pens. I also bought 2 goats in April of this year to raise for meat and milk. The female is a nubian/angora f1 cross. My male is pygmy/angora cross. She was born in January, I think he was born in Feb. I live in PA. The owner wormed them before I brought them home. I'm quickly learning that goats don't need daily grain like chickens do. We also have a pet mini pig. I look forward to learning from more experienced homesteaders.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to goat raising. I was a city girl growing up. I have been living in the country for the last 16yrs. I have been raising chickens and show rabbits. I decided this year to buy a herd of rabbits for meat pens. I also bought 2 goats in April of this year to raise for meat and milk. The female is a nubian/angora f1 cross. My male is pygmy/angora cross. She was born in January, I think he was born in Feb. I live in PA. The owner wormed them before I brought them home. I'm quickly learning that goats don't need daily grain like chickens do. We also have a pet mini pig. I look forward to learning from more experienced homesteaders.
Howdy and welcome!

Rabbits are an excellent source of meat.

:clap

Yes, goats are great fun! But, they need excellent fences.

So... are the goats also going to be for fiber??

naturepatty

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Howdy and welcome!

Rabbits are an excellent source of meat.

:clap

Yes, goats are great fun! But, they need excellent fences.

So... are the goats also going to be for fiber??
The female has more of a nubian coat but the male has a soft thin angora like coat. I may trim him next spring for fiber

Latest posts