is it over yet?

Pyxis

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We're sorry if our presence is annoying you. We just don't have anywhere to go while our forum is being revamped. If yours ever gets taken down for maintenance, we would welcome you with open arms over at BYC :)

It does look like most chicken topics are being kept to the appropriate sections. I didn't see anything out of place in any of the specific animal forums, so no chicken threads in the goats section, for example. There are a lot of threads in the BYC section and some in the Other Animals section (and even there 12 out of the 20 threads on the first page are still not about poultry), but as long as you avoid those sections you should be okay. Also we do have some chat threads that have popped up in the Random Ramblings section but that seems like it's where they should go and as long as you don't click on those threads you should be okay.

Most people will leave once BYC is back up. Not me, I'm staying because the rabbits section here is much more active than it is at BYC and I'm working on getting my first rabbits. I can see how it would be a little annoying seeing all the chicken threads here but as long as you don't click on them there's no harm.

Sorry if this sounds defensive. It's just that this thread and a couple others have it made it clear our presence here is not wanted and it's a little disheartening to feel unwelcome in the place Nifty invited us to while our home was down. We're not trying to cause any trouble.

Auroradream26

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm sorry that we're bothering you. I for one can't wait to get back to BYC but BYH has been a great substitute for those of us who are active in the forums and can't handle a day away. Thank you for letting us borrow your corner of the Web. I promise, most of us will clear out when our corner is open again.

Red the butcher

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
When i check in i go to recent post. Recent post is mainly filled with bird topics right now. I to have birds. All heritage breed turkeys and chickens. I run a specific breeding program for both. I love my birds too. But i also have goats and pigs and they are why im here. When i log in i dont look in each section for new post i look in recent post and its been mainly birds. It is a little annoying. New comers are great for the page, could be lots to learn for everyone. So with no disrespect what so ever towards byc, im just looking forward to byh getting back to byh.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry that we're bothering you. I for one can't wait to get back to BYC but BYH has been a great substitute for those of us who are active in the forums and can't handle a day away. Thank you for letting us borrow your corner of the Web. I promise, most of us will clear out when our corner is open again.
I don't want to be rude, but then again I'm not hoping to have a depression flare. Please don't just come when you need us and leave when you don't. We want to stay, and we are just getting used to the change.