Is she pregnant? New Katahdin Sheep

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hmmmm....thing about sheep is they hide pregnancies well, unless they look like this

Broken component.jpg

I THINK she's pregnant from the udder....'pointy tests,small bag'. If so, it will grow and become quite hot and tender. Her vulva will redden and may be puffy for some days before labour sets in.

Mucus plug....thick, almost rubbery thing (blocks the cervix, and can be lost anything up to a week or so before labour starts or as labour is setting in proper.

Whatever, good luck and keep us posted (with pics.,of course).

Charjjc

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thank you! :)
It is so nice to be able to talk "sheep" with y'all, everyone around here will nod and smile politely, but the poor things are really not interested in the going ons with my animals. :p
And wow, sheepshape, that's a wide girl!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you! :)
It is so nice to be able to talk "sheep" with y'all, everyone around here will nod and smile politely, but the poor things are really not interested in the going ons with my animals. :p
And wow, sheepshape, that's a wide girl!

It is a comfort to have this wonderful forum of the finest "herd" people in the world. You are not alone, there are others out there just like you!

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Im curious how things turned out with her :)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
It really is quite a let down when folks come on and ask these questions (or a multitude of others) and then never return to post an outcome :confused: Sure would have loved at least a final report and maybe a pic or two of some babies... Looks like she hasn't been back since early October of last year :( Doubt we'll ever find out one way or the other.