Is there a chance my new Nd girl will come home pregnant?!

Lewanu-mom16

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
66406066-D8DA-409C-8C85-5528902D369C.jpeg
3EA4833D-3052-4003-8C60-861725B14B9A.jpeg

AC7EEFE1-33C6-4498-85E3-1B316A1C195F.jpeg

9338BD2E-B78D-46C8-B602-335087152974.jpeg
So this weekend a friend of mine is selling me a Nigerian dwarf doe. the doe (named Austin) is 10 months old & her bday is July 30th. My friend mentioned to me to that she’s been housed together with a group of other female goats and all were housed with an intact breeding buck who’s already managed to get a few of the other girls pregnant but for some reason according to my friend Austin (my girl) is not pregnant even tho the buck tried before to breed but I guess she’s not been interested in the buck at all. So she highly doubts our new girl is pregnant. But I know some cases can be misleading so I wanna know that despite Austin playing “hard to get” is there a good chance she might come home pregnant? If at all? And how can I go about confirming she might be pregnant? What signs will I need to look for? To help determine a more accurate guess I’ve included photos of Austin my friend sent me. They are all the photos my friends got on her phone right now so this was the best she could do for me. I can’t see an udder but her belly does seem a lil bit bigger than I think it should be if she wasn’t supposed to be pregnant so that’s one of the main reasons I thought she might be but again, any extra input would greatly appreciated folks! Thanks everyone in advance!

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
X2 above. However anytime your doe is exposed to a buck there is a chance of pregnancy. Nothing but the blood test will tell you for sure except a delivery in 5 months.

Lewanu-mom16

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks we were able to see obvious signs of pregnancy since she had a very obvious baby bump an udder was also starting to form and we even felt a few of the baby’s kicks so she’s no doubt pregnant we just don’t know when she’s due so im gonna check back in the morning with my friend to see how long she’s been around the breeding buck to try to guess how long before she goes into labor

Lewanu-mom16

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank u so according to my friends Austin has been in the same enclosure was the breeding buck since February but they only just noticed him trying to mount her and the other girls at the start of April but seeing as she wasn’t aware of how to tell if any of her does were pregnant she wasn’t entirely sure of whether or not austin was pregnant but we obviously now know she is expecting a baby but given that The buck was confirmed to having been exposed to Austin I’m not exactly sure on when we can expect her to go into labor. Any ideas as to when we should expect her to give birth?

Latest posts