1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hoof trimming help - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a pinkeye vaccine for Camilids?

Discussion in 'Diseases & Injuries - Llamas and Alpacas' started by chickenzoo, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Apr 6, 2014
    chickenzoo

chickenzoo Overrun with beasties

Hi guys....been awhile but everyone has been doing good. Peaches is almost as big as her momma now and her little brother Lorenzo is growing leaps and bounfs and is such a love. I was given 3 alpaca from a friend after her husband died. One female..2 boys. After a month of Quarantine etc...the female went with the girls...the boys went over with the boys. All has been goof until last month...I noticed the new female with a water eye and figuired she injured it. I started her on Vertrcyian eye gel. It got worse and after talking to vet found out is was pinkeye. I treated with LA 200 and it cleared it up fast but damage was already done to the eye. Now my male llama who has never been around the female but is with the boys has a watery eye...I've syarted him on the LA200. Is thete a vaccine I can give the others to prevent it?
    Thank you