Is this cross would make a good family cow?

Farmerboy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Southern by choice said:
Don't know what any of it means 'cause I know nothing cattle but I figure it's gotta be good so I'm dancin with ya!

:bun :bun :bun
You can google what A2 is.
But thanks for dancing with me! :D

Lothiriel- Thanks for sharing that. That will be a great help when I need it for future breeding.

Farmerboy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Before "I" forget again, I got Bella's blood test results last week Friday regarding to see if she is pregnant or not.

She

is

pregnant!! :celebrate :woot

She is due on August 10th for her 2nd calf. That is a long ways to wait. :( BUT, time flies! :D

I hope that the calf will have the same coloring as the bull that I used. I want a Guernsey color calf!

neener92

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
How exciting!

Just so you know, your thread has got me loving Guernseys! I'm so glad I got mine! They are gorgeous addicting cattle!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I peek in the cattle section from time to time, so glad I saw this! Nice to hear some happy news!
So happy for you! Here cow the dancin' cows again! ;)

:bun :bun :bun and a :celebrate

Farmerboy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

neener92- Glad that I was able to help push you over to the Guernseys. :p I like them too, want to have a pure one someday....

Kay, time for a picture update on my gals-

Maybelle will be 7 months old in a week!!!! Can't believe how fast time flies! She is in the pasture where the steers are, as I am weaning her. Poor Bella, all by herself in the pen and have the biggest pasture to herself, but she rather be with the others, but the steers are being banned to the wood pasture as they ate my chicken coop. :barnie :he :somad :smack

Pictures taken a few weeks ago.
E41A1441.jpg

E41A1440.jpg

I have found this picture of Maybelle as a day old calf that I never posted here. She has changed and filled out so much! :ep
E41A1060.jpg

herdsman

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
That is one of the most friendliest crosses you can get my uncle had them gals and they were amazing

Farmerboy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I got a green Family Farm & Home cap and cow bell for Christmas from sister #4 as she drew my name.

But she did not think to get a collar to go with the bell.....

So, got one after looking for it at 3 different stores! But I am glad that the collar fits after all that driving!

Pictures taken today. I am weaning the calf, so the calf is in the pasture #1 with the steers, I am still milking Bella. Getting a gallon and a half of milk each day. I am only milking her once a day.

Latest posts