Is this good enough (pedigree)

Marie28

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So i have a almost 7 weeks old (born march 12) black silver fox doe.

We bought what we though was 2 does, turned out one was a buck. They where last together around end of January (not sure of the actual date). But our doe ruby had an accidental "meeting" with our blue silver fox on Feb. 6th. She had one very large DOA and one normal sized kit. I don't want to decive someone but with a pedigree I'm certain we can get $35. I was shocked that she had any kits once we got past the 33 day mark. What the chance that the kits is the black buck and not the blue. Also I should mention that the black buck did not have developed testicles yet and was about 3 months old (hence why we didn't notice it was a buck) and we never saw him fall off of her, there was some "playful" humping.

Any options or information is welcomed.

DutchBunny03

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You may not be overthinking it. Rabbits do breed like rabbits, but only when you dont want them too. There have been 3 month old bucks that are capable of breeding, even without completely developed testicles. Although it is very unlikely that the litter was sired by the black buck, it is not impossible. Don't stress yourself out over it, just remember it is a possibility.

Latest posts