Is this i sign of early labor

Daisy1702

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
150 days from date you saw her bred is a place to start. Could go 7-10 days either way. So, what day in March?
14th of march and 21st of march but shes hollowed out and noe has the bump anove vulva

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The bump is ok. Don’t feel weird about posting pictures that concern you. We do it too. Animal husbandry gets down to the nitty gritty, these things have to be discussed and pictures taken. How else are we to learn?

Like @Mini Horses said, count 150 days from each date, she can lamb a week or two early or late.

Daisy1702

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
The bump is ok. Don’t feel weird about posting pictures that concern you. We do it too. Animal husbandry gets down to the nitty gritty, these things have to be discussed and pictures taken. How else are we to learn?

Like @Mini Horses said, count 150 days from each date, she can lamb a week or two early or late.
Ok thanks. She seems a little more hollowed out today, still had some mucus and has been sitting down alot more

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
😊 yeah we get/take some doozy photos.:lol:

@Baymule has sheep....goats for me. We're saying this -- you'll most likely just go out and find lambs doing well. AND yes, ewe and doe code is to...drive us crazy guessing!! This "could" be another 3 weeks. Relax...she'll do fine without you there. 👍

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
They tend to hollow out as the lambs change position inside and her body's muscles and ligs and all get positioned to help with the birthing process.
August 8th would be the first "Due Date" if bred on the 14th of March... they can go 1-2 weeks early to 1-2 weeks late ON AVERAGE... and if she didn't actually settle until March 21st date... and give her a couple extra weeks if late... then her lambing due date should be from say.... Aug 5th through Aug 30th.
Her body is getting ready and you should have lambs soon. Not like you have a date with the dr for a planned c-section or anything...

Daisy1702

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
They tend to hollow out as the lambs change position inside and her body's muscles and ligs and all get positioned to help with the birthing process.
August 8th would be the first "Due Date" if bred on the 14th of March... they can go 1-2 weeks early to 1-2 weeks late ON AVERAGE... and if she didn't actually settle until March 21st date... and give her a couple extra weeks if late... then her lambing due date should be from say.... Aug 5th through Aug 30th.
Her body is getting ready and you should have lambs soon. Not like you have a date with the dr for a planned c-section or anything...
Thanks

Daisy1702

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
So i dont yet have a photo but went to check ewes and the lump is a bit bigger. Any ideas? Ill also get a photo when i do the 6pm check. (Checks are 8am 2pm 6pm and occasionally 10pm)

BrahmerQueen

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sorry i know its weird to be looking at the girlies parts of a ewe but over night cad has developed sort of a bump just above her vulva, sohould i be worried.View attachment 92919View attachment 92920
I think it's normal mine do it too and then it goes away after they lamb. She looks like she will lamb pretty soon. (Or could also be in a few weeks😂

Daisy1702

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Very hollowed out today (can see from side on photos now.
IMG-20220808-WA0004.jpeg