Is this normal???

Ardizzone7

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
i have 2 female does. Luna our alpha doe was in heat Oct 30th and we took her to a stud. I saw several successful attempts. Since then she has not really come out of heat. We took our other doe to a stud this weekend to be bred. I just brought her home and Luna went all Bucky on her. She keeps making grunting pig noises and licking her. She has tried to mount her at least once. Is this normal? My other doe seemed to be out of heat until Luna approached her. Then she started literally dripping vaginal discharge (sorry so ggraphic).

Did Luna actually get bred on the 30th? Is this normal? Any help would be appreciated.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Has either doe kidded before?
Not really normal, some does do mount other does and do this a bit when heat cycles are present but this sounds like it may be a bit more than that.

Were they standing for the buck?
Attempts or successful matings?- there really is a difference.
What breeds are these?

Ardizzone7

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Luna has had 2 sets of triplets. My other doe Mia is her daughter. Luna's breeding seemed to be successful on Oct 30th several matings that ended in a hunch posture.

Mia on the other hand stood for her buck but I didn't ever see him mount her. He is proven though. Maybe it happened at night? Not sure. She has never been bred before.