Is your farm East of the "Lime Line"?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Sheepshape if you wanted wild boars, you should have just said so! We have LOTS of them, in fact, it is open season AND you can even shoot them from a helicopter! JUST SHOOT THEM!!! They sure make good sausage. So.....how many do you want?? :gig:gig:gig:gig:gig:gig

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks SO much, Baymule, but vegetarian to the core....so a bit of soya is fine for me! Helicopters make me feel terminally nauseated and I'm not a gun-lover either, but a pus-filled cavity that needs draining, a ewe who needs my hand up to the elbow in order to untangle her lambs, or an autopsy to determine the cause of death.....now you're talking!:D (OH always says 'you'd better do this, your hands are smaller, you'd better do this,I have to hold her down, you'd better do this,I think I ate something which upset my stomach etc........:sick)

Meanwhile, we all have to have different strategies to deal with what we find, so there's no one right answer.....much like bloody exam 'choose the one correct answer from five'. Now HOW did I get to this point??:hide

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day MFM,I am sorry you took my comments so personally as that was not my intention.The problems associated with "acid rain" are not something we are familiar with,neither is the prospect of 6 months snow to contend with.There are many like you and I who strive to do the right thing by the environment,but the majority are driven by the profits to be gained at the expense of the environment. As I said when we purchased our present farm it was "run down and overrun with weeds and lack of growth",some of the weeds we are still fighting 25 years later and will be until they put us "in the ground",even so we will continue to "fight the good fight".

As you say,"we all have to farm in the way we think is best",but my point was aimed at those who do not and care nothing for their abuse of the land and nature in general.

Once again ,my apologizes for any offence...T.O.r.

Sorry TOR i wasnt taking offense i was just explaining that a lot of people think farmers all ruin the land but its not the case, not with all of them. Every part of the world is different and we all have different issues we have to deal with. I have heard many many times...oh thats just nature....it frustrates me because so much of our lives is no longer nature as it was before we messed it all up. I'm not a nature nut or anything but i think common sense says we do what we can to help in our own ways. i may also have been a bit grumpy as yesterday was not a good day for me so i may have seemed like i took offence but honestly i did not. :hugs

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day MFM,In Aussie unlike the northern Hemisphere, did not evolve with heavy /cloven footed livestock,it was their impact on our environment to which I was referring,(sorry I did not specify in the first place).As you rightly say the impact of industry and the greed of same has 'reeked havoc' on the lands downwind but for which they take no responsibility and as most govts are 'beholden ' by big business and not the other way around I do not envisage any change soon.T.O.R...