ISO English Angora Breeders :)

leeta84

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hello all. We are starting to breed English Angoras.
I'm trying to find breeders closer to me due to transportation being a nightmare right now. I live in Minnesota and we seem to be few and far between. Anyone in or around MN? Or able to work with transport?
I'm looking for a Self Black Buck EA. I have found one that I love and would love to have but he's in OHIO and the soonest I can get a transport to them is July (which doesn't work well for the breeder). So if that all falls through I'm looking for other available Black Bucks. I'd prefer Pedigreed rabbits and would really like to add a dark color into my breeding. I have a nice Chocolate Tort Doe that I would like to breed again. She's a great mom but the buck we have is a Tri color and though beautiful in his own right, needs to be bred to something else. (Possibly also looking for a pretty Doe for him).

So to recap
Looking for Breeders close to Minnesota.

ISO a dark colored (preferably Black but suggestions welcome) Buck to breed to my Chocolate Tort Doe
Picture just cuz (after cut down)
mom.jpg
And/Or
A Pretty Harlequin (I think, suggestions welcome) Doe for my Tri Colored buck.
Picture just cuz (after cut down)
dad.jpeg

I'm still new to colors and trying to figure out what should and shouldn't be bred together so advice is much needed. I already know my buck and doe should not have been bred but, live and learn.
:) Thanks.

Niele da Kine

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I've heard you may be able to relocate rabbits via Grayhound bus? Not sure, though since we aren't on the mainland.

If you find a breeder willing to ship, can you share their info? Not that there's that many planes flying right now in this Time of Covid, but at some later date, I'd like to fly in a few more pedigreed EAs.

FWIW, I've noticed a problem with keeping what should be dominant colors in a herd. At the moment, there's too much chocolate and tortoiseshell in the herd and a black buck would be a useful critter to keep around. There was a litter earlier this year with three black babies out of a REW by a lilac and all three of the black babies are females. Sigh!

My last remaining agouti died of old age earlier this year and how can a dominant gene like agouti not show up that often? I's the same with black, it seems.

Well, there's hopefully three litters in about a week, no telling what colors may be there, I'm hoping for a quality black buck. Although, if planes aren't flying with critters from the mainland to Hawaii, they probably aren't flying critters the other way, either.