ISO poultry hatching eggs with shipping

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi, just got an incubator for Christmas. I am looking for eggs to hatch. Interested in purebred ducks, geese, purebred chickens, breeding that will result in chickens that lay blue/green eggs, breeding that result in sex licked chickens. Let me know what you got.

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@ragdollcatlady ?
I love your faverelles. Every time I buy chick from a hatchery they end up dying. The others do fine. Where did you get yours? Do you sell fertile eggs?

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in answering. I have had an extra busy week this time around.

Thank you for the compliments on my Favs, I absolutely love them and want to always have at least a handful! They have the sweetest temperament (as do cochins and silkies ;)) and even my roosters have a reputation for allowing youngsters to snuggle under their prolific fluffy bums! I got mine from a couple of different breeders stock. My very first favs were from a hatchery, but then I was particularly fortunate that another local family had started with them from on 2 different occasions from different breeders, but each time, only had a trio or quad and allowed me to buy them out since they were wanting a much larger group to get start rolling with and thus gave me a fantastic foundation. I am not currently breeding my poultry, life is just a bit hectic right now, so I have faverolles, ameraucanas, silkies and a small handful of mutts chickens just for a few eggs and to be some eye candy. I actually sold my incubator so I am not in a position to sell hatching eggs. When I sold goose eggs, I always checked fertility in my incubator before offering the next eggs for sale. I will say that as babies, favs seems a bit more fragile, they are definitely more sensitive and timid, so raising them with cochins or silkies, other really mellow breeds is better than trying to raise them with more active or aggressive breeds.

I wish you luck in your search for some nice stock, I personally would be likely to see about buying and having adults shipped to me if possible (if I was looking for more) as they might handle the shipping better than chicks. A few years ago I had a goose shipped to me from another state and he arrived in fantastic shape. Just be wary and be sure to buy from someone with a good reputation and disease tested stock (NPIP) if possible. Trying to hatch shipped eggs is always a gamble (though a fun one if you are ok with the chance of possibly infertile or mishandled shipments)!

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I think I might have found a good breeder with NPIP testing. I will post the website later.

The_V's

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We don't have Npip status yet but are looking into getting the official steps begun. We have had a closed flock since we began. We have brahmas, frizzles, easter eggers and americana's oh and rhode island reds for chickens but our ducks are all intermixed breeds from anconas to khakis and pekins and even a couple mallards as when we bought them the farm their parents came from was open for ducks to fly in and out of. The only pure bred couples I can garuntee in my ducks are my pekins and my anconas and I can sequester them for pure bred eggs if requested. We keep several incubators going at a time but if you tell us what you want we can put those particular eggs in the incubator for hatching. We had to start breeding because in our area no one was selling and so many people were asking to buy our birds because of our closed flock.

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@The_V's I want chickens that will lay blue and green eggs. Oh, I miss my Brahma hen. Do you have Brahma hen and rooster? I have a khaki drake that thinks he is a chicken. Lol. My silkie rooster is his best bud. I also have a caygua drake and a very small mallard hen. How much for your eggs and shipping? I have rhode island reds and cherry egger hens. Not too impressed with these. I also have barred rock, black austrolorp, buff orpington, white leghorn, and white rock hens. Two old americaunas, a very old speckled Sussex, 2 June born Easter eggs hens, and a white Chinese goose. By the way, I have only one rooster and he is too old to be fertile. Lol.

Last edited: