Issues?!

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Moonpie is still with us this morning. How she was looking last night, this is a surprise to me, but I'll take it! So DH gave her another round of probiotic drench and B complex this am. He says she was laying down and looked to be chewing cud. This would be more than what she was doing yesterday. He did have to coax her to stand up, but she did.

@babsbag I'm going to have DH look for calf bolus called Laxaid at Tractor Supply today. See if that may help as well. Thanks.

One day at a time.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got Laxade from a Animsl medical supply place. You might ask your vet. It is mainly for cattle.

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
DH texted me and says she looks better this afternoon. Will do more probiotics when I get home. He says she was even eating some grain around lunch.

She hasn't even thought of touching grain in 2 days. Grain is her crack, she will come "screaming from the field" when she knows it's feed time. So I knew right away something wasn't right when she wouldn't even look at her food.

The fact that she's even a bit interested in it right now is a good sign.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree.

When we've had a goat with scours (from chicken feed, new or bad hay, dog food… etc) we take them completely off of feed and only let them eat hay. Water needs to be available at all times.

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
She's been up and about for the weekend which is a first since this started. I've stopped all grain. I'm going to have to wash her back side this evening with some warm soapy water. She's quite dirty from the scours. With it being so warm now, I don't want to risk any damage with flies.

She's drinking and eating grass and hay. She seems to be improving.

Thank you all for the help. I'll keep you posted. I wasn't sure she was going to make it there just a few days ago.