It has been a rough goat year, but here Babies PICS .....

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It has been a while since I have posted on BYH. It has been a very rough year here for goats.

You may recall that back a few months ago, I lost my bottle baby LaMancha at 2 months old. The neucropsy showed a strain of Clostridium that was extremely toxic and not covered by the CDT vacine that she had received on schedule.

Then April 15, 2013, Nina Delivered triplets, two beautiful 7 lb bucklings born dead and a Runt 3.5 lb doeling that was barely breathing. We were able to save the doeling, but she had labored breathing the first couple of days. Nina was and still is a fantastic mother. At one week, the doeling ended up with Pneumonia, weak, very labored breathing (panting), two visits with our vet and some heavy antibiotics and she bounced back. During this second week while on Antibiotics, her front legs started bowing, so she got some vitamins and supplements which made a big difference, but her legs are still a little curved but seem to be straightning as she grows. Needless to say this doeling is spoiled rotten and has become my wife's goat and is never for sale, per my wife.

Here is Nina and her doeling, Pammie-Sue, day one.

1520_w20130415_nina_baby_9.jpg

This is Pammie-Sue at 4 weeks old and 18 lbs

1520_pammie_sue2.jpg
1520_pammie_sue.jpg

THis is Pammie-Sue (5/26/2013), yeah, she is not sure if she is a goat, human, dog, not sure. In her mind a chair is hers, right?

1520_20130526_pammiesue_pz_4.jpg
1520_20130526_pammiesue_pz_1.jpg

We ended on a positive note as Aphrodite delivered a beautiful 8.5 lb bucking and we will be keeping him. Here he is day #1.

1520_aphrodite_baby_day_1.jpg
1520_aphrodite_baby_day_1b.jpg

Here is Aphrodite's Buckling at one week old with mom. BTW, she is an excellent mother.

1520_aphrodite_and_baby.jpg

meme

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Love, love, love your buckling's colors! They are all so adorable, and I am glad everything turned out well. :)

Ruus

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Pammie-Sue is so cute!! I have a former bottle baby lamb who also thinks she's a dog/human. :) Glad you got a special little one after all that bad luck!

SkyWarrior

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sorry to hear things went rough. Sometimes they do. :idunno Your doeling and buckling are adorable!