It's all over with Ginger's kidding.

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She gets bigger every day and her udder has been filling for about 10 days now. Today it looked pretty tight and she's been rubbing up on everything she can find trying to scratch it. Her ligaments have been mushy for days, but are still present. I was hoping that with the full moon last night it would happen then, but nooooooo, not her. She's a stubborn goat when it comes to kidding. Here are some updated pictures of her today. Sorry you can't see her udder on the second one, it was high noon and too much shadow to see clearly, but that picture shows how huge she is.
ginger april15 001.JPG
ginger april15 002.JPG

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This is her third kidding and she has always had twins and that is what I'm thinking she's having, but I certainly wouldn't be unhappy if she had more. :fl

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Okay, Ginger is still hanging in there. Needless to say she's pretty miserable, especially since it decided to get hot today, and we all know heat and being hugely pregnant don't mix very well. I did see some leaking from her lady parts today and when I checked her a little while ago her ligaments were nowhere to be found. I would say maybe today, but then again maybe not! I would have bet that her white belly band is the only thing keeping those babies in there, but it's at the wrong end of her belly to be doing that! Here are new pictures of the poor thing.

Attachments

• May 3 Ginger pregnant 002.JPG
    May 3 Ginger pregnant 002.JPG
    220.9 KB · Views: 102
  • May 3 Ginger pregnant 005.JPG
    May 3 Ginger pregnant 005.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 94
  • May 3 Ginger pregnant 001.JPG
    May 3 Ginger pregnant 001.JPG
    217 KB · Views: 99

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Go chubby goat. Pop out some bebies:pop

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, Mother's Day would be a fine day to have her kids, but I bet it will be tomorrow. She has stood away from the rest of the herd (as much as they will allow her to, as she's the herd queen) most of the day and has been doing her momma talking on and off all day. She's usually not real vocal otherwise. She's really restless and stands and stares off into space for minutes at a time. Every time I go out and check on her she gets upset when I try to leave, calling out to me to come back each time. She's been having small amounts of intermittent, white discharge on and off since yesterday. Her ligaments have been totally gone since I first checked on her this morning and haven't come back. Her belly visibly appeared to have dropped yesterday and I would almost go so far as to say her belly drags the ground, but that wouldn't be true. I assume that the kids (pretty sure there are at least twins because I've seen movement on both sides of her belly several times lately) are moving further down into her pelvis and getting in position for birth. I saw her stretch several times yesterday. Looks like we are at the final stretch of this pregnancy for Ginger. Can't wait to see what she has! Hoping for does!:fl