It's fair time

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
I start with a came decorating interview tomorrow.
Sorry for the short posts, it's a little stressful here.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
I made it through my cake decorating interview this morning and am now onto my animal projects. I will be practicing my horse stuff tonight. Meanwhile the list is long of things to do in these next couple days. Baths need to be given, birds need to be selected and things need to be packed.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I started freaking out earlier, I'm way too calm. Tomorrow is that day that we all know as the busy one.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
So of course my internet managed to crash during fair week and I was gone last week. Anyways, I was in a three way tie for first in chicken showmanship with a friend and another kid, both have been showing for much longer then I have, I lost it. My birds did pretty well though, one has a two year class winning streak. The meat birds apparently were pretty good but didn't place. That was Thursday.
Friday morning was an early one and I did pretty well against myself in most everything. But the last class was interesting. I started in a short English class, then Cantered to a friend to do a tack chance. Well we forgot to hold Ticket and he took off into the middle of the ring. Then I did a little too much tack changing instead of changing my clothes. I managed to slip my jeans on, don't try chaps are better, and get one arm into my sleeve and then hop on again. I ended up getting last.

Saturday was long. I didn't do very well in western for some reason. Then came costume contest. I went last and then ran up and had to start putting flowers in my horse will a friend. We weren't very prepared along with our lack of time got out horses in minimal costume. They were really cute together though and we got friendliest costume. Then came auction. Before that was a dinner and my friend and I admitted it to each other. I found out I was last in the auction, that was interesting I knew it would be okay though. I was the only one with a non American decoration which was odd, I had a chicken pot pie though which was really cute. I got 375 for them though.
I had nothing Sunday except leaving for family vacation.
Fair was memorable and I have so much to look forward to this coming 4h year.