Lambing season is finished for Teresa and MikeCHS

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The lambs are doing good with her. She has a problem with the newborns and wants to play lamb basketball with them so we keep them separated for the first few days. With The older lambs she is better and not so prone to jump at them. We are still working with her on a long loose line to get her to be more settled around the lambs. I saw the oldest ram lamb inside his little cover right next to him so it seems to be the youngest bouncy bouncy toy like things that gets her excited.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another ram lamb born this morning about 8:00. I was out feeding and didn't even notice the new one till Teresa came out. This one is rather frail and not nursing yet so we fed him some colostrum replacer and will keep an eye on him. Totals now is 5 rboys and 5 girls.

10 ram lamb from AL34.JPG

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Those hind legs look a little weird, and momma looks like she wants out. Congrats on evening up the score R vs E. Don't know if it matters though I expect you'd rather have ewe lambs... I assume you'll be selling most or all of the rams and keeping the ewe lambs to add to the flock? So maybe the ram sales can pay for the feed for the ewe lambs for their first year?

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have you felt his tummy to see if it feels like he's eaten anything? Only wondering because mom's udder looks a little uneven like maybe he had a drink???
'Course if you've been out there with him you would've seen him...just thinking out loud...

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
He has taken milk from us 3 times now and he is bouncing around normally. The ewe has an extra teat that we didn't see before she bagged up.

LS - he had only been walking for about a half hour in that picture so he was on the wobbly side.

We will be selling all of the rams except one that we will put in the freezer for us.

This one is exactly 8 lbs.