It's lonely here in the doghouse!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
to get 1 that will kick you it needs tobe an electric fence charger.some fence chargers are battery operated.an some fence chargers are solor with battery backups.ive been round hotwires for 38yrs.

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
I call a hot wire, an electric fence. Some of ours are single strands around the pasture and some are double strands around the pasture. They are what keep the cattle in the pasture and are often the only fence for our pastures.

As for which ones we're using I would have to go out and write them down. There's three different ones out there. :)
I call a hotwire what you do to a tractor when it breaks down.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
GrassFarmerGalloway said:
Farmer Kitty said:
I call a hot wire, an electric fence. Some of ours are single strands around the pasture and some are double strands around the pasture. They are what keep the cattle in the pasture and are often the only fence for our pastures.

As for which ones we're using I would have to go out and write them down. There's three different ones out there. :)
Hotwiring, won't work if the tractor is broke down. It replaces the ignition and key. ;)

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
GrassFarmerGalloway said:
Farmer Kitty said:

Hotwiring, won't work if the tractor is broke down. It replaces the ignition and key. ;)
Er, yeah, that's what I meant! *sheepish*