It's lonely here in the doghouse!

jhm47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
This morning, I received a shipment of semen that I had sold to a couple of ranchers about 40-50 miles west of here. Since I also have another 600 units coming next Monday, I needed to deliver the semen I got this AM to these guys so I could make room for Monday's shipment. I now have 4 liquid N tanks charged, and all are nearly full, waiting for the summer breeding rush.

Anyway, I was about 35 miles from home, and my dear wife called. She said that a crabby neighbor had called and said that our cows were in their field. Now, I was only about 5 miles from one of the ranchers place, so I told wife to please go over and see what was going on. She also called my 93 year old dad. They went over, and crabby neighbor was chasing the cows all over, and they crossed the road and headed away from the pasture. Wife chased them for 2 miles on foot through several ponds and some of the rougher swampy land before she got them back into the pasture. I guess she lost her shoes several times, and wound up carrying them. She must have stepped on some thistles too, because now she's soaking her feet.

I called wife on cell phone to see how things were going, and she was not very friendly. Got home around 9 PM, and she wouldn't even make supper for me. Mumbled something about being tired.

When I asked her what she planned to make for supper, she got real cross with me. What did I do wrong anyway? Women!

Wish I knew how to fry eggs, I'd make an egg sandwich.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Unless you left knowing that the cows were out, you did nothing wrong. It was the cows.

You really should learn to fix some simple meals.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
You would not be in the dog house here!
I would not do that to my dogs!

Any woman that will run all over the country side to bring home the cows, deserves to have dinner cooked for her!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
cows will get out when your busy an cant really check them.hope you didnt get cold in the dog house.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:

Any woman that will run all over the country side to bring home the cows, deserves to have dinner cooked for her!
Would you please tell DH that? :gig

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
thewife said:

Kitty, I think you, jhm47's wife and I, need to ge together for some girl talk!

Last night, my sweet Hubby served me a nice dinner of buffalo steaks! Cooked the way I like it, cut up the way I like it, with mixed mayo and horseradish the way I like it!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:
thewife said:

Kitty, I think you, jhm47's wife and I, need to ge together for some girl talk!

Last night, my sweet Hubby served me a nice dinner of buffalo steaks! Cooked the way I like it, cut up the way I like it, with mixed mayo and horseradish the way I like it!
I thought they were frozen.