It's lonely here in the doghouse!

jhm47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Beer??? I had to quit drinking when I got married. My wife has a bad drinking problem. Seems that she gets real mean when I drink.

Seriously, things are mostly back to normal around here, thank God! Daughter and granddaughter were here today, and we had a good time playing with little 9 month old Grace. She's just on the verge of walking, and she has such a sunny friendly personality!

Tomorrow night or early Tuesday AM, our son and his family will be coming to spend a few days. They just had a new baby boy 3 weeks ago, and I've not seen him yet. We rarely see them, since they are living 10 hours away in Iowa City. He's doing a pediatrics residency there, and they make the lives and schedules of residents pretty nasty. A federal law was passed that limits them to no more than 30 hours on a shift, and no more than 80 hours a week. I think that's terrible. If I'm sick or injured, I'd want someone who is well rested and in a good mood to take care of me.

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
There is nothing that will cure a grandma of whatever ails her quicker than holding a brand new grandbaby!! ( Speaking from experience)
Hope both of you enjoy the visiting :)

I am going to save MReit's comments for when she is really feeling sick and miserable and has to chase cows all over the neighborhood.
SHe can be quite difficult to live with under those conditions:)

MReit

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
haha, that's why I've spent the last month putting up a fence that will burn their hair off :D
Imissmygirls said:
There is nothing that will cure a grandma of whatever ails her quicker than holding a brand new grandbaby!! ( Speaking from experience)

I am going to save MReit's comments for when she is really feeling sick and miserable and has to chase cows all over the neighborhood.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
MReit said:
haha, that's why I've spent the last month putting up a fence that will burn their hair off :D
Imissmygirls said:

And the deer will catch it and short it out. Or one will be immune to it. We have one of those too but..... every once-in-a-while.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
ive been hitt by hotwires thatll knock you on your can.grabbed hotwires that would shoot sparks out your elbows.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
We've banned hot wires on this place!
There always seems to be the 1 animal that takes it out, then the rest spread the wire from one end of the farm to the other!
I still come across odd ball pieces of it, in places it should not be!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
i hate hotwires.need to build some new fences.but will wait an see if we can cut a deal with the pipeline to build 3 pastures.an get them to doze off a fenceline.

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Ok, not to sound dumb, but what are you guys calling a hotwire? Here in the east coast, we call a hot wire a single strand of electric around the the top of other permanent fencing. it is just plain old electric. We need the kind that will shoot sparks out your...... elbows. LOL. what are you guys using for chargers?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I call a hot wire, an electric fence. Some of ours are single strands around the pasture and some are double strands around the pasture. They are what keep the cattle in the pasture and are often the only fence for our pastures.

As for which ones we're using I would have to go out and write them down. There's three different ones out there. :)

Latest posts