I've been on the road lately...

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
That was a nice tour. Out of curiosity, what kind of shape is Lexington in now? I was never stationed on her but did several trips in training mode with her crew back in the 80's.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
God bless both of you. Twins share some special bonds and he will always be a part of you. It is good that you did this together, you will both remember it and when he is gone, it will be even more a part of your bond.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
That was a nice tour. Out of curiosity, what kind of shape is Lexington in now? I was never stationed on her but did several trips in training mode with her crew back in the 80's.
Pretty good, tho my recent visit, I noticed some rust stains showing up on the upper part of the island. May just be a result of not being able to be maintained because of the inclement weather associated with harvey.

Lower deck, especially berthing compartments, are almost all filled with displays of one kind of another from all over the world. It is truly a museum of WW2, not just another ship of that era being preserved. She is very clean, with plenty of placards explaining what the equipment above and below deck was used for. The engineering spaces looked for the most part, just as I remembered them when she was the active training carrier.
(I was stationed at Pcola in the mid 70s for 2 yrs and did some TAD time on Lex as an engineman but my primary duty was on one of the USN tugs that brought Lex in and out of berth.)

Bossroo

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It is very good that you had one on one quality time with your brother. Are you two identical or fraternal twins ?

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
greybeard I am so glad that you and your brother got to spent the week together. so many memories shared and so many new memories gathered and stored in your heart. what a trip. i'll keep you both in my prayers

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got a call from Little Rock this morning. He's had a heart attack and is in hospital. Stable and resting but lots of fluid on/in lungs.
Looking for a flight out now.

Latest posts