I've been on the road lately...

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sorry GB... the final time is the hardest. I hope it wasn't brought on by the trip, but Glad the two of you got to share that time together.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got a call from Little Rock this morning. He's had a heart attack and is in hospital. Stable and resting but lots of fluid on/in lungs.
Looking for a flight out now.
Sorry to hear that. I'm sure you're happy you got the trip in before this happened.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
No, not caused by the trip. He's had 3 stents since 1994 (some more put in in 2009) and they had to replace 1 or 2 of them this afternoon in cath lab. Stents have a time limit beyond which they don't work I suppose.. He's doing somewhat better now.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
first let me say how sorry I am for your brothers illness. your brother, you and your family will be in my prayers. the old retired nurse in me goes into teaching mode and agrees that cardiac stints or bypasses neither last as long as we hope they will. 10 years is pretty much the top and 5 to 6 years is more normal. since he got new stints he should be good for a while again. treasure every moment you have.:hugs

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks, he is doing much better.
Me, not as well as I want. Spent Fri nite- this afternoon in hosp getting my BP up over 85/53, pulse down below 150 and heart rhythm out of afib and back into sinus rhythm.
Too much stress sayeth my cardio wonder woman.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
You need to take care of yourself...easier said than done...but those are some crazy messed up readings. I hope it is all under control and glad to hear that your brother is doing better; and you too I hope.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gotta take better care of yourself Greybeard. I bet you gave your wife quite a scare. ER's are never any fun, when you're rushing your beloved husband to ER, his heart ain't the only one that is ka-thumping off track. ;)