Ivermectin for worms

Rhondax6

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I called our local vet and asked what I could use for worms, Ivermectin was his recommendation. Silly me, I didn't ask dosage thinking it would be on the package. Does anyone know?

TIA!

Rhonda

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I give them 1cc per 50 lbs. injected, or orally.

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
I do double what Lilhill does - 1 cc per 22 lbs (injectable or pour on) orally.

If you use paste, it is 4x the label dosage by weight - so if your goat weighs 50 lbs, you give them the 200 lb dosage of the paste.

Rhondax6

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank you both! He's just the littlest bit of a goat, 10 pounds soaking wet, so I'll give him a little bit and see how he does.

Thanks again.

Rhonda

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Rhondax6 said:
Thank you both! He's just the littlest bit of a goat, 10 pounds soaking wet, so I'll give him a little bit and see how he does.

Thanks again.

Rhonda
Hmmmm..."see how he does," aye?

Is he doing poorly now, or are you just worming preventatively?

Rhondax6

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I just made an appointment for him to see a vet. After researching I don't think I can do this alone. Thank you for all of your help though! I'll let you know what I find out.

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
First of all...good on ya for being willing to use a vet.

Now...just out of curiosity, why do you think he needs to see a vet? What's going on with him?

Rhondax6

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Something about him just doesn't seem right. He's all boney and he sleeps MOST of the day. He's only our second goat and our first goat had enough energy for ten, that's the only thing I have to compare it to. He was loaded with lice when we got him so I won't be surprised if he has other issues but I hope he doesn't!

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Oh, ok... Let us know what the vet says, and BRAVO to you for taking him. :thumbsup

Just out of curiosity...are the insides of his eyelids almost white or really pale pink?

Rhondax6

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I didn't check there but to me his gums seem to be. I'm hoping I'm making it all up in my nervous mind but he just does not seem "right." Poor baby. Thanks for your concern :)