J and M Sheep Lambing Thread, THE STORM HAS BEGUN

EllieMay

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It would be very beneficial to the rest of us if the person who was offended by the username "FlockinCrazy" would own up and explain what THEY assumed the username meant. The rest of us automatically understood the username to mean something like "flock" being a flock of sheep (since they are shepherds) and "crazy" being that they are insane for having so many sheep (250+).

If there is someone on auto-pervert mode who sees the world in a vulgar manner, the rest of us should not be penalized for the fact that this person could use a good therapist.

one-bad-apple-spoils-the-rest2.jpg

marlowmanor

Reaction score
EllieMay said:
It would be very beneficial to the rest of us if the person who was offended by the username "FlockinCrazy" would own up and explain what THEY assumed the username meant. The rest of us automatically understood the username to mean something like "flock" being a flock of sheep (since they are shepherds) and "crazy" being that they are insane for having so many sheep (250+).

If there is someone on auto-pervert mode who sees the world in a vulgar manner, the rest of us should not be penalized for the fact that this person could use a good therapist.

http://whoisshmira.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/one-bad-apple-spoils-the-rest2.jpg#one bad apple
I thought it may have meant a flock of chickens honestly, just assumed they used the same username from BYC. :hide Didn't even think of a flock of sheep! :hide

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
I second everything Southern posted :)

I also second this for Marlow :lol: chickens? :gig

That name meant to me...Flock of sheep...and with soooooooooooo many lambing at once...crazy!!!

Besides learning so much from you two with so many...I've been totally excited in the morning to get online here and check out how many more lambs and hoping for photos...yup...I am selfish in my need to hear about lambies and and enjoy their cuteness!

Plus I have so much to learn since I only have a small number...and I happen to have Dorpers and Kats and crosses...so your knowledge is important to me.

SheepGirl

Master of Sheep
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I thought his username was punny! Shame someone had to complain about it.

I enjoy reading your lambing thread, and I wish both you and your wife could stay. Now poor Shelly May is left to do all the work of updating it! 'Cause you know us, we love pictures :lol:

Shelly May

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
For all of you who have been following our lambing thread, update, 130+ live lambs on the ground now, a few more this am, wheather is very bad this am, as we have snow/cold winds through out the night and this am, we had a few new borns this am dead....they didn't make it threw the weather. :(

Now as for you all who knew that my DH had built me a brooder room. (see previous post), Well the baby chicks arrived 1 day late, but I received a phone call from the post office at 5:20 am this morning, saying my baby Australorps where in and I could come pick them up... 100 babies, well the hatchery sends one extra for every 25 you order so really there was 104 babies deliverd, only 1 dead in box, thats pretty good since they have been on the road for 2 days. So I picked them up and rushed them to their new home and got them started on water/feed. :) pictures below as I know it is a rule to post pictures....:lol:

Better weather coming in this weekend, so hope all sheep can keep their legs crossed until then, we are only at the half way point on the momma's who are expecting to lamb, will update with pictures maybe over the week end. ;)

First two pictures where taken at post office, Box had 4 compartments (26) chicks in each compartment/ turned it around and opened the other side and took pictures of it, Just incase I had a problem, wanted pictures for hatchery with postal service there... all is good!!!!!

7838_dscf0880.jpg

7838_dscf0881.jpg

7838_dscf0882.jpg

7838_dscf0883.jpg

7838_dscf0884.jpg

7838_dscf0885.jpg

7838_dscf0886.jpg

7838_dscf0887.jpg

7838_dscf0888.jpg

7838_dscf0889.jpg

7838_dscf0890.jpg

ALL SNUGGLED AT THEIR NEW HOME!!!!!!

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Adorable all those little fluffballs! Congratulations by expanding your flocks by about 230+ this past couple of weeks. :lol: That's a pretty fast expansion!

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
WOW!!!!! So many lambies!!!! :love Sorry about the death from the cold weather :hit And yes...tell those girls to keep their legs crossed until the weather gets better ;)

Gazowie...so many fluffy chicks...you just have to be soooooooooooo busy...all those lambs, so many chicks, and a job??? How do you do it????

After those cute fuzzy chicks I am now super anxious for my eggs to hatch...I know that not all the eggs will make it as it was iffy when I collected them for the incubator and not sure when they'd been laid...and we had some cold nights...but have those marked with a C for cold maybe? I know there are many growing in there though as the temperature goes up a bit every day which they do when chickies are growing in there and I adjust it twice a day. They are due to hatch mid next week...then Chickapee due a few days after :)

Thanks for the photos :)

EllieMay

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Awwww... baby chickies are so cute!!! :love
I'm sure they're just lovin' their new warm home.

Sorry about the lambs that didn't make it thru the cold weather. :(

And, as Bon mentioned . . . it's amazing how you guys keep up with everything.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Shelly May said:
As most of you know goodolboy and flockincrazy are the same person, day time and night time computers being used, Shelly May is his wife, now I hope you are all straight on that, Well someone complained about the name flockincrazy, and that person knows who they are, and on Saturday night the MODS sent him a PM saying that the name offended someone and he needed to change it.

FockinCrazy, Means FLOCK a group of sheep, we have 250 adults, Crazy because people think thats crazy to have so many, (in a fun way). It took him two days to come up with that name, FlockinCrazy, It had nothing to do with anything vulgar, but someone complained, I believe it was mentioned that kids will see it and think vulgar thoughts.....

Well they allow (MODS).... they allow people to put up pictures of their animals female private parts on here (Vigi--a) all the time, and kids are seeing pictures of nothing but vigin---s and I have always wondered how these parents are explaining that to their kids, but not explaining FlockinCrazy name meaning?.......Female private parts are worse than the user name....IMO

So he has decided to leave and not complain about things, I for one will miss his humor, and his site, keeping people up with the numbers of lambs being born........also his education on raising a big flock of sheep and how things are done when you have this many, any where from health to rearing of lambs and everything in between, keeping records, deciding who makes the top 10% ram lambs all the way to tax time... He has alot of info that wasn't shared yet as he was fairly new to site and lambing is just now accuring.

I (shelly may) feel we have started something here and need to finish (this lamb thread) and how bigger farms do it, to show people it can be done and how... but I can't do it without his help, as I am with the new lambs so much as many are still being born, and have my hands full. I will update and post pictures of things that might be benifical to sheep farmers as they come up.. I have heard comments on the colors of Katahdins and people didn't know that they come in so many colors, I have posted pictures of the self feeding buckets, and have had comments on that, I have had comments on the weighing scale used to weigh lambs in the field, I have had comments on the size of the Katahdins on are farm... Seems to me that we are giving good or important info people just weren't aware of......

I have made many friends on here and will continue to comment on their sites and finish what I have started but my DH will be missed by me most of all !!!! (over something like a user name) that someone didn't understand...I will sign out now as I have tears rolling down my face.... THANKS MODS...
:hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit