Jake's Journal ~ Navigating Life

JakeM

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Had a rabbit show this morning in Owatonna. Did okay first show, but did amazing second show! Too bad I had to leave so I can get to a wedding.

Got BOB and BOS so my BOB is up for BIS. And as an award I got a blanket!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Who was so rude as to schedule their wedding on the same day as the show?? Some people are SO inconsiderate!!

Congrats on your rabbit's performance!!!

JakeM

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yay! Back after another super long hiatus (I really need to stop taking them).

So I guess to catch up on here:
1) Sold all 5 of my llamas last fall so I could move to another town for school. I miss them, but it was the smart move in the end.
2) Still have rabbits thankfully, my mother is caring for them while I'm gone, but I return home on weekends to clean the barn and give her a break.
3) Also on the rabbit front, last fall I finally bought some Dwarf Hotots and picked up 3 more over the past spring. And now after almost 11 months of having them, I finally have babies out of them! 5 all together, which is a big litter for a 3 pound animal. 1892.JPG
4) I've got essentially a semester left of school before graduation! (I say one because the current one is partly over, and spring semester is condensed.)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Good luck with school moving fwd Jake. You can do this!

JakeM

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Quick update for today; part of me is just logging this for my sake so feel free to skip parts:

May 16-graduated with my AAS in Veterinary Technology degree, last thing to do with this is finish my internship and then pass national boards to be certified; was also my birthday (I am now 23)
Also on the vet tech front, my internship is looking at hiring me which means I don't have to go job hunting.

Baby rabbits are growing, currently have 11 with more does due in 2 weeks. Working on downsizing my herd to try and be more of a quality over quantity, but it doesn't help when different rabbits have different parts I want (and I'm sentimental towards them haha).

Hopefully can repair my current car soon so that I can sell it and get a different one.

And I've been doing a lot of window shopping for homes lately even though I'm far from affording one.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
May 16-graduated with my AAS in Veterinary Technology degree, last thing to do with this is finish my internship and then pass national boards to be certified; was also my birthday (I am now 23)
Also on the vet tech front, my internship is looking at hiring me which means I don't have to go job hunting.
Fabulous!!!! Once you start the job you can start saving up for a house. These days it is a pretty difficult thing in most places.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Quick update for today; part of me is just logging this for my sake so feel free to skip parts:

Baby rabbits are growing, currently have 11 with more does due in 2 weeks. Working on downsizing my herd to try and be more of a quality over quantity, but it doesn't help when different rabbits have different parts I want (and I'm sentimental towards them haha).

Hopefully can repair my current car soon so that I can sell it and get a different one.

And I've been doing a lot of window shopping for homes lately even though I'm far from affording one.
Congrats on the degree! Happy Birthday! Hope you got hired and don't have to go job hunting. Rabbits can get away from you in a hurry......LOL Car repairs... :he Window shopping for a home is a good start, buying your own place sure beats paying rent. Look into HUD repos. If you can get through all the stress of going through a gooberment entity, you can find some good deals. We bought a doublewide on 8 acres at an unbelievable low, low price, but the flaming circus hoops we had to jump through were awful. Worth it in the end though.

JakeM

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you everyone! Especially for the great advice!

My internship site did hire me so now I've been working two jobs for the past month. It's been burning me out quite a bit but I'm backing down on the retail one so that I can still enjoy my life. My bank account also likes having two jobs haha.

Beginning of June my debit card was compromised because someone somehow got it's info and tries to buy $35.00 worth of groceries (I think) at a Kroger's in Illinois. Luckily I have a good bank and they contacted me right away and didn't let it go through. Unfortunately, I somehow slipped through the cracks and they forgot to re-order me a card until I called them 2.5 weeks later wondering where it was. They apologized and rushed me one and I just got it today! (I feel whole again.)

Ending on good news: I received my letter letting me know who my examining judge for my rabbit registrar test is so I'm one step closer to becoming one and that means one step closer to becoming a judge!

I'm hoping to still get on here more but that's it for now I guess. :)