1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Let's start this week fun. Submit your Horse Humor - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Jake's Journal ~ Navigating Life

Discussion in 'Member's "BackYardHerds" Journals' started by JakeM, Sep 12, 2014.

1. May 13, 2017
    JakeM

JakeM Loving the herd life

Had a rabbit show this morning in Owatonna. Did okay first show, but did amazing second show! Too bad I had to leave so I can get to a wedding.

Got BOB and BOS so my BOB is up for BIS. And as an award I got a blanket!

Baymule, Bruce and Latestarter like this.
  2. May 24, 2017
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

Who was so rude as to schedule their wedding on the same day as the show?? Some people are SO inconsiderate!!

Congrats on your rabbit's performance!!!

3. Sep 19, 2018
    JakeM

Yay! Back after another super long hiatus (I really need to stop taking them).

So I guess to catch up on here:
    1) Sold all 5 of my llamas last fall so I could move to another town for school. I miss them, but it was the smart move in the end.
    2) Still have rabbits thankfully, my mother is caring for them while I'm gone, but I return home on weekends to clean the barn and give her a break.
    3) Also on the rabbit front, last fall I finally bought some Dwarf Hotots and picked up 3 more over the past spring. And now after almost 11 months of having them, I finally have babies out of them! 5 all together, which is a big litter for a 3 pound animal. 1892.JPG
    4) I've got essentially a semester left of school before graduation! (I say one because the current one is partly over, and spring semester is condensed.)

Baymule, Latestarter and Bruce like this.
  4. Sep 19, 2018
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

The light at the end of the tunnel!!!

JakeM likes this.
  5. Sep 20, 2018
    Latestarter

Latestarter Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry Golden Herd Member

Good luck with school moving fwd Jake. You can do this!

6. May 19, 2019
    JakeM

Quick update for today; part of me is just logging this for my sake so feel free to skip parts:

May 16-graduated with my AAS in Veterinary Technology degree, last thing to do with this is finish my internship and then pass national boards to be certified; was also my birthday (I am now 23)
    Also on the vet tech front, my internship is looking at hiring me which means I don't have to go job hunting.

Baby rabbits are growing, currently have 11 with more does due in 2 weeks. Working on downsizing my herd to try and be more of a quality over quantity, but it doesn't help when different rabbits have different parts I want (and I'm sentimental towards them haha).

Hopefully can repair my current car soon so that I can sell it and get a different one.

And I've been doing a lot of window shopping for homes lately even though I'm far from affording one.

Bruce and B&B Happy goats like this.
  7. May 19, 2019
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Herd Master

Congrats on your graduation!

B&B Happy goats likes this.
  8. May 21, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

Fabulous!!!! Once you start the job you can start saving up for a house. These days it is a pretty difficult thing in most places.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

9. May 27, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

Congrats on the degree! Happy Birthday! Hope you got hired and don't have to go job hunting. Rabbits can get away from you in a hurry......LOL Car repairs... :he Window shopping for a home is a good start, buying your own place sure beats paying rent. Look into HUD repos. If you can get through all the stress of going through a gooberment entity, you can find some good deals. We bought a doublewide on 8 acres at an unbelievable low, low price, but the flaming circus hoops we had to jump through were awful. Worth it in the end though.

Mike CHS likes this.