Jarvisqh goats horses and poultry and dogs lots of babies =)

jarvisqh

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi everyone .. i help mom and dad run their horse business ( i reallllly think they do it because they liek the babies more than anything .. but are responsible about it making sure them babies are worth something.. so they can have a better chance at life ...)

we raise cuting bred quarter horses ( most of our mare are money earners and or producers .. are stud is a money earner ...)

I am the middle child .. the only girl ( that was fun growing up .. ) 2 brothers and a mom and dad to be wayyyy overprotective of me .. lol :) worth it though

all three of us "kids " are in the army ..my brothers are full time .. i am a reservist (couldnt leave my animals .. )

i (right now) have 5 dogs Dot, blue healer age 12 Kahna, blue healer age 4 Levi corgi age 7 Bently english bulldog ..(little brothers dog ... im just stuck with him lol ) age 1
and the puppy Fletch , jack rat mix age 6 weeks . :)

i have (for now ) 6 goats one possibly 2 bred (hopefully just one )

Hippo (my first ill post her story next )showed up the very begining of january .. i know nothing about her except she is a nigerian drawf ..
Okapi i bought on 2-10-12 was supposed to have been with the buck for a week when i picked her up ... sold to me as a pygmy .. has fainter in her ..
3-3-12 i bought Zebra ( she looks like her udder is starting to develope just slightly . would be her first time ..and she young and small ..) she is a pygmy has the dewlaps behind her ears (not even .. =/)
3-14-12 Giraffe was born to hippo (was a twin male was still born) no clue what her daddy is .. ( shes huge .. thinking a large breed male ..)
4-7-12 bought ellephant shes very skinny and is starting to gain her weight back .. is a dairy goat of some kind .. and a very sweet girl
4-14-12 bought gazelle the pretty blonde with the spots :) shes just a baby .. but is also a dairy breed . i think half saanen

i have a bunch of different chickens .. and a duck and a goose and a pair of turkeys ..

i have three horses that are mine .. (the rest are mom and dads)

butter -San mans ruby apha
Blade - Silverado's edge apha
Breaker - heart on his shoulder apha

i will be showin blade and breaker this year .. hopefully in apha sanctioned shows .. :)

butter is due any day

okapi looks like she should be due in a month .. ( hopefully shes been running with that buck longer than they said .. =p

im going to rebreed my girls in november ( excpet gazelle and zebra if she is bred .. =/ ) if not ill breed her too

(after i get my bucks .. lol )

i have eggs in the bator .. (yay) my first time incubatin so wish me luck ..

figured i could do some weekly or more often updating on here of the general goings on around here

oh i also have a tank with a bunch of tadpoles minnows crawdads and 2 baby soft shell turtles and 2 darter fish its my creek set up tank ( i get the critters outta my creek .. )

thats all for now :)

jarvisqh

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
:) got a nubian today hes born 3-2-12 :D hes weaned allready ( a bit soon but he is eating fine =/) hes black with tan markings with some white spots.. and chocolate spots soming in couldnt leave him after i seen him .. lol hes a total cutey :):)

may be getting 1/2 fainter baby tomorrow .. and possibly 2 does on friday .. we are deff gettin the one.. waiting on the person to call back on the second one .. (pygmys) the one we are deffinatley getting is at least 4 months .. but could be due any day .. and looks it .. shes a grey color .. the other is red .. :) the baby buck is a red and white mixed color .. very cute little dude ill let yall know tomorrow if we are ending up with all three or just the doe :)

Yup ive gone off the deep end .. lol ..

jarvisqh

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
got the little buck :) oh and had a foal born yesterday a filly (guna be a roan) out of suzie :) pics will come tonight

jarvisqh

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Got a new very pregnate pgymy doe today drove 2 hour round trip to get her ... her bellys huge !!!!!!! :) yay for more babies for me !!!!!!! may be getting a adult buck .. whos half nubain half alpine

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
jarvisqh said:
Got a new very pregnate pgymy doe today drove 2 hour round trip to get her ... her bellys huge !!!!!!! :) yay for more babies for me !!!!!!! may be getting a adult buck .. whos half nubain half alpine
WOnderful! Pics please? :pop

jarvis

Just born
Reaction score
hmm havent been on here in a long time .. but .. heres a update :)
I have four horses
Butter
blade
breaker
bacardi

i raise mice and rats (too many to post pics of lol)

a leopard gecko
otherpets038.jpg

five dogs

dot
otherpets031.jpg

kahna

otherpets028.jpg

fletch
otherpets026.jpg

levi
newestpics168_zpsd076f4fc.jpg

safari