Jenny or Great Pyr?

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I have a mini donkey jenny, I don't trust her with the goats. She is a great companion for the horse and she does keep all other creatures out of the pasture. I have the goats in a separate pen that is surrounded on 3 sides by the horse/donkey pen and I think it helps having the donkey to keep boarder patrol. But the donkey gets really pushy and likes to chase things smaller than her. For that reason I will never put her in the same pen as the goats. She is a great guardian but only with a fence in between her and the goats and chickens. We did have the donkey first and so I don't know that she ever realized the goats are not her enemies. Maybe it is different if they are all raised together from a young age.

bucknercrestfarm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Well geldings are better we have mini mare with my alpines and she kicks the crap out of my babies :mad: but i also have pyrs..lots of them i love love love my pyrs good for you for checking with rescues what a lot of People see is a cute fluffy puppy and then the grooming and the dogs desire to explore. they are the most loyal dog all they want to do is work and are greatful to have you say "good dog" thats all they want in the world so go for you to try and provide for one