Jinger's Picture Thread

rosti

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I got a Border Collie puppy back in July, so this thread is a bit late. Her name is Jinger and she's a very good puppy-if puppies can be called "good."

This first picture was back when I first got her. (Alongside my other BC, Kate)
IMG_4516.jpg

Working on self control around food, something she really, really needed to learn-and mastered very quickly.

IMG_4713.jpg

Another picture next to Kate to track her growth.

IMG_4733.jpg

IMG_5012.jpg

They like to stalk each other in play, and I really like how this picture turned out.

IMG_5135.jpg

Taken last week, when Jinger had just turned 16 weeks. We've been working on sitting still for pictures-notice the lack of a leash in this picture?

IMG_0001.JPG

rosti

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks! I alternate between thinking she's pretty and catching glimpses of an ugly Jack Russel or Shorthair Pointer. (No offense to lovers of said breeds. ;) )
Jinger is 17 weeks and almost 17 pounds! My little five pound shrimp is starting to grow. :)

Below, she's wondering if she can have a treat for sitting so nicely, while Kate wants to go chase the cows or finish her interrupted swim.

IMG_0006.jpg

rosti

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Jinger is 17 weeks and 18 pounds. She had her first trip to town for her rabies shot yesterday. She did great-wasn't excited, and wasn't scared, just neutral and looking to me for direction-just what I'm looking for. :) She's always had digestive issues, and I still don't know what all she can't handle, but she gets along great on a raw diet. I just got offered close to 100 pounds of meat for free! People around here are so generous.

IMG_5216.jpg

rosti

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I made a mistake in the last post-she was almost 19 weeks, not 17.

Jinger was 19 weeks yesterday, and her herding instinct is getting stronger and stronger. I can barely wait until she's old enough to start. :)

We had a guest in our picture this week-Bonny, our Border Collie/Golden Retriever cross.
IMG_0007.jpg

rosti

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Kate and I were gone for awhile and I've gotten behind on pictures. This one was from last week, so you're gonna get another one tomorrow! :)

Jinger is now 5 months old, and really turning on in terms of herding. I want to lightly start her soon, and see how it goes-if she's mature enough or not, because she's still really young.

IMG_4685.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4685.jpg
    IMG_4685.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 172

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
She's growing up really pretty. Hope she works out well for you. Thanks for sharing the pics. :D