Jodief100--- random stuff and BIG news

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Updates: We lost one of Cleo's boys. He was doing well, got his temp to 97 degrees, was walking around and responsive and he just CRASHED. Temp dropped like a rock. Nothing I did would bring it back up again. I think he just got too cold to start with and it took too long to get him back up to temperature. They have to be at 100 degrees before they can digest milk and electrolytes only go so far.

Ragin River 207 kidded Friday, twin bucks. Goose had a bubble when I went up this morning and kidded two buck kids about 20 minutes later. Cleo's two remaining kids are back in the barn and doing well. She has taken them back but still hasn't much milk so I will keep them on bottles.

And for all of you picture hounds.......
First is Cleo's boy. He is hard to get a picture of because he follows me. The second is Cleo's girl. Next is Starlight and her twin does. 3rd row on the left is Goose's baby boys. Another disappointment, beautiful colorful kids with unnecessary adornments. One looks just like Goose, white with black patches and the other is the negative, black with white patches. AT least they are purebreds so if they grow well they can be registered. The right hand side is Precious and her white baby girl. The boy has the same coloring as Starlight's kids. The bottom row is Ragin River 207 and her 2 buck kids. More purebreds,more boys....

cleo boy.jpg
cleo girl.jpg
starlight and babies.jpg
goose babies.jpg
precious white baby.jpg
rr 207 brown baby.jpg
rr 207 white baby.jpg

The score is:
Sired by Quantum- 10 bucks, 3 does
Sired by Bullet- 9 bucks, 10 does

Last edited:

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
:love :love :love

Sorry about the lil guy. :hugs
They all look great! I am a color gal myself but ever since George I love the white!
Was telling Straw the other day, I can't wait to move so we can start working with the Kikos more. I love our Kikos.

I think every time I look at your kidding thread it gets me all anxious to get to the Kikos!

Thanks Jodie!;)

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Just in case anyone is wondering... We are exactly half way through kidding. :ep
Too many single so far. We have a 170% birthrate and 160% live kid rate. :idunno
The up side is a 5.9% loss rate. I would prefer a 0% loss rate but this is the best we have ever had at this point. With good weather looking at us for the next 10 days, I am content. :rolleyes:

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry about your loss :hugs
Glad the rest of them are doing so well! They're looking great :)

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Here are some more.....

Sierra with her new baby
sierra and baby.jpg

Denali and her new baby. The brown on her back is from the heat lamp. She would stand under it and nurse the little guy.
denali and baby.jpg

This was the scene in my barnyard this morning. It was 14 degrees and they were all running around. This is only some of them, we have 32 babies up there right now.

baby group 1-11.jpg