Jodief100--- random stuff and BIG news

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We lost Patches on Saturday. I am not sure what happened. She was fine, being the big pushy pig she always is when I saw her last on Thursday night. Hubby and dearest son took care of the goats Friday and didn't see anything amiss. We haven't been able to do head counts since they are out in the field and they don't stand still long enough to count so who knows. I found her Saturday night lying in the field.

We have been finding the fence charger "off" a lot lately and the goats are in the upper field near our closest neighbor's house. She has grandkids who love to see the goats and I suspect they are feeding them. They may have given Patches something they shouldn't have. I have gone over every evening to talk to them but they are never home. I can't lock them out since we are using electronet. The previous owner of our farm was this neighbor's parents. I am afraid they haven't gotten used to the idea that the place isn't theirs to use as they please anymore. They drug a huge shipping pallet out to our pond to use as a dock about 3 weeks ago, then denied it. There is a path mowed from their house to our pond and the pallet is sitting there. What else could it be? I hate to leave notes but if they aren't there when I am what else can I do?

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to talk to the neighbors last night. I came home to a downpour, lightning storm with goats and dogs loose. I had to move the electronet in the woods, on a steep slope so the goats wouldn't get out again, then round them all up.

Poor Snowey is terrified of loud noises. The thunder was loud and immediate, with crashing and crackling because the lightning was just overhead. The poor dog was huddled under my truck. When I came out the back door she ran towards me, then past me into the house. The only time she has ever been in the house was after her spay and she almost tore the place apart trying to get outside. She is NOT a house dog. She found a spot in the corner and huddled there for awhile, then followed me around the house. She was a good girl, stayed quiet and didn't tear anything up. The greyhounds were not pleased.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
:weee Happy birthday! :D

I am glad to see you posting again.

Sorry about your Patches and good luck on the buck test. :fl