Juliana pig

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pigs CAN be mean. Those I've been around tend to be habit oriented, not thrilled with a lot of change and they seem to bond with a few, then prefer things to remain the same. They do keep their housing free of manure, unlike a goat or horse.

They are smart animals! Sharp teeth. Biting is a protective method, so I would never totally be off guard. If they feel threatened. who knows. Certainly the most pleasant would be one handled a lot, from birth. Like others have said, size is "everywhere".

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't want you to think I'm bashing pigs. I love pigs. They're smart and can be incredibly sweet and friendly. And they can also not be. Not all will be like mine was. But there's no guarantee they won't be either. We have farm pigs now, full size. I don't let my daughter go in the pen with them. We had one last year that she could sit on his back and he didn't care, but still she was only in the pen with my husband. But the ones we have this year, no way.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I still remember the scene from the Wizard of Oz when Dorothy is walking along the top of the pig fence and falls in. :ep and the hired hand rushes in to "save her" from being eaten alive... So you see, there's proof that pigs are little girl eaters, got on film even! ;)

Bossroo

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
All of the above and add the fact that when someone adds a fancy name... well RUN , run as fast in the opposite direction as they are ready and able to part you with your MONEY.