Jumped Back Into Goats!

drdoolittle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hi all! Something exciting has happened here! After several years of having no goats (I had rehomed all of mine due to health issues), I finally realized how much I really missed having them and my health is so much better.

I started looking a couple months ago and last week found the most adorable ND wether being rehomed for free! His owners wanted a new place for him because a month ago he jumped their fence and was mauled by a rottweiler......they didn't think he'd survive, but he's a little fighter! He's only 4 1/2 months old!
His name is Pogo and he's the sweetest, friendliest little guy!

I needed to find a companion for him and someone within an hour of us offered me her beautiful, registered 5 year old ND doe for a very good price (their son is switching from showing dairy goats to meat goats).

I picked up Pogo Sunday morning and once he was settled, headed to go get the doe, Petals. Well, once I got Petals home, everything seemed great......until SHE jumped our fence into our fenced back yard! She was running around yelling her head off........looking for her twin year old doelings that she had never been separated from! I had to lock both Pogo and Petals in the barn for the night, but knew this could NOT be a permanent solution.......what to do????

So, I decided to go back and buy BOTH twin doelings, Willow and Fern. Another little trip after work Monday night (Thank goodness for my great friend Pat, who is always up for an adventure!), and now I have an adorable little herd for my LGDs to watch over!

I couldn't be happier with the goats I chose and am looking forward to introducing them to my two sweet granddaughters!
Screenshot_2020-10-07-07-07-26~2.png
received_3558344447530668~2.jpeg
Screenshot_2020-10-07-07-10-48~2.png
Screenshot_2020-10-07-07-10-54~2.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-07-07-07-11~2.png
    Screenshot_2020-10-07-07-07-11~2.png
    153.5 KB · Views: 84

drdoolittle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Petals did stop yelling for a MINUTE after I git the twins home.....as soon as they were all together in the pen, I walked back out to my drive to get things put away from the trip. I was up there maybe 5 min....walked back out to my livestock area and there stood Petals in my backyard! She was once again yelling, her girls were frantically yelling back and that set Pogo to yelling along, lol!
I believe Petals was trying to encourage her girls to follow her example and jump out of the pen! I guess she thought they’d all 3 hoof it back to their former home (an hours drive away)😄

I had to keep putting her back in the pen (5 or 6 times) that night. She finally realized the girls weren’t going to follow and stayed out the rest of the night. She was still in there at feeding time yesterday morning.

However, when I got home from work last night, there she was in the back yard laying against the gate of the pen with her girls standing on the other side.
I put her in the pen, put my LGDs in there garage and went to let my indoor dogs out in the yard.....there she stood AGAIN in the back yard! As soon as my American Bulldog ran out the back door, she basically popped right back over the fence into the pen!

So, getting her twins didn’t entirely solve my problem, but at least she will stay in the back yard, close to the livestock area and her girls. I was worried she’d jump the fence that’s around our back yard.

drdoolittle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone!! Funny update......not only has Petals continued to jump the fence, in spite of her daughters being here, but now Willow is jumping over with her! It's fine, since they are just jumping into our fenced backyard. Nothing they can hurt or be hurt by, plus maybe they'll keep some weeds down for us, lol!

Saturday I am picking up the final nember of our little herd, an 8 week old wether. Pogo needed a friend his own age as the girls kind of stick to each other and act as if he's an annoying little brother.

Here's a couple pics of the baby coming home this weekend. Any name suggestions are welcome....something to go with Pogo. I've thought of Pounce, Tigger or Twitch.....
20201012_105049.jpg
20201012_105130.jpg

Latest posts