Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
As far as easy to handle... he is about 50 lbs and shy with me, so I just leash him and walk/carry him to where I need him. I would like him to be a little more friendly, but I'll take a generic 'not aggressive' anyday. He has been doing this stupid head banging thing on the plywood section of the fence, just standing there smashing his head against one spot over and over again, but I have a feeling that banding his horns will put a little damper on that sort of thing shortly. No special care required, other than keeping the band on and adding a new one every now and then to keep pressure on it. I used this stuff called alushield this year when I disbudded, its a silver colored spray , like $17.00 a bottle, but I think I like it, so I will probably spray that on there. I wasnt planning on doing anything special besides watching and waiting, myself. And Oh yeah!! all the bucks here are coming into rut! Love is in the air!!!! I can smell it!

I wasn't planning on going up to grandmas anytime soon, Im a little unsure about the truck right now, but I can let you know if I change my mind. I would probably have to keep it just to the grandma in sacramento though. Might be too much to try and drive farther than that.

And he isn't related to any of the other bucks you have from me, unless you go back to the ends of his pedigree, I know I saw some of the really old foundation names there, some Copper penny, Caesars villa, Kaapio acres, Promised land... But even better than that, he has several *M and +*B plus a couple of superior genetics designations and a couple GCH and one SGCH in his pedigree. I was hoping to post a copy here for you, but my email to myself seems to be sleeping.... Here are a couple pics of him, pretty nice looking boy even though the pics aren't greatest.
View attachment 53026View attachment 53027

What's his name?
I think I remember when you got him.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
3 weeks old and enjoying their first puppy food... with goat's milk of course. Living on a goat dairy has its perks. These pups are HUGE!!!

2018-10-09 12.40.40 - Copy.jpg
2018-10-09 12.41.37.jpg
2018-10-09 12.40.49.jpg