Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
They certainly have no problem playing in their food. I have 3 big pans for them now to spread it out a little but they still stand in it and make a total mess. They will be 4 weeks old on Sunday and if mama had her way she would have them weaned already. She is not the doting mom that my other two LGDs are. It will be interesting to see if she pays any attention to them at all once they are with the goats. She is protective when the other dogs get near them but I'm not sure if she is guarding the pups or their food.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are 4 weeks old and they already bark when they hear loud noises outside of their pen. They are a very mature litter. For those of you that have seen the movie Dune or read the book I look at these pups and think of the character of Alia that was born with all the power and knowledge of a Reverend Mother...wise beyond their years. Their eyes were open early, they were standing by day 3, walking by day 7, and eating solid food before 3 weeks. All earlier than I have seen in other large breed litters.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
puppies are adorable babs. I've got two of my litter left and the longer they are here the more I want to keep them. keep telling myself NO,NO, NO.
so now you are going to run the dairy, make cheese and ice cream and change over to a mini alpine herd. I want some of what ever it is your takin' girl. how are the youngsters doing? over the coughs?