Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That made me laugh out loud. I got a good picture of you chasing a screaming goat with a leg from the other goat twisted in her collar choking her. Life is never boring.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
At least the little goat with the bucket had plenty of guardians. She had been running around yelling for over an hour before I paid any attention to her, she is drama queen. I was leaving for town and found her with the dogs taking care of her. They brought her up to the fence for me so I could get the bucket off, they can sure herd when they need to.

2017-11-16 14.41.11.jpg

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love my dogs. The blond one laying down is Sigueme, she is my oldest and about 9 years old. I can see her getting older and slowing down and it breaks my heart to know that she won't be with me forever. She is THE BEST dog ever. Good temperament and good guardian and she is my "hole in fence" detector, that is her only fault. Fortunately a good hot wire thwarts her escapee tendencies. I am trying to decide when it is time to retire her to the house. She loves my cats and my house dogs so she is a welcomed house guest.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I need to hand out some fliers at Farmer's Markets and the local store that carries my milk to let people know that my milk will not be available for a few months and why. I am looking for opinions.

"Jumping the Moon Dairy would like to thank our loyal customers for their support during 2018, our first year in business. During the months of December through February you will not find our fluid milk on the shelves or at markets as our goats are taking a break; our cheese will still be available. Most goats breed seasonally which means that the entire herd will be out on maternity leave at about the same time and it is for their health and well-being that we give them a few months off before starting to milk them again. We will be back!!! "

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I need to hand out some fliers at Farmer's Markets and the local store that carries my milk to let people know that my milk will not be available for a few months and why. I am looking for opinions.

"Jumping the Moon Dairy would like to thank our loyal customers for their support during 2018, our first year in business. During the months of December through February you will not find our fluid milk on the shelves or at markets as our goats are taking a break; our cheese will still be available. Most goats breed seasonally which means that the entire herd will be out on maternity leave at about the same time and it is for their health and well-being that we give them a few months off before starting to milk them again. We will be back!!! "
Reads well to me.

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @babsbag,

Are you close to any of the fires burning out in CA? I worry about you and Miss @Ridgetop whenever I read about all of the wildfires out there. I know CA is a big state -- I resided in Oceanside for a year and drove all over the state -- so maybe worrying about wildfires there is like you being worried about tornadoes in Texas, when Texas is a big state as well. Still, we on BYH can't help but be worried about you folks.

Senile Texas Aggie

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Senile_Texas_Aggie Thank you for thinking about me. I am about 60 miles from this fire in No. CA. The loss of life and property is devastating, I can't imagine an entire community being gone like this...Paradise...not any more. To lose your home, your animals, hopefully not your family, and your business or your job is overwhelming beyond words. My heart breaks for them. The last big fire here was much closer to me, about 8 miles, and around 1200 homes were lost but the city itself was not touched. This fire is over 6000 homes, seriously, an entire town...GONE. Many of the fireman, medics, and law enforcement officers lost their homes and yet they are out doing their job. How tough is that? Looters have shown up already too. Shoot to kill is my mantra. :somad

Ridgetop may be a lot closer to fires in So CAl, I'm not sure what is burning down there and what isn't. Rain, rain, rain. We need rain.

Latest posts