1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Peachicks - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

Discussion in 'Everything Else Goats' started by babsbag, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Jul 6, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

Your business is growing, and with it, growing pains. That is good news and hiring a helper is a good move. Yes, please check in once a month and let us know how you are doing.

2. Jul 6, 2019
    Senile_Texas_Aggie

Senile_Texas_Aggie True BYH Addict

What all the others said about checking in!

B&B Happy goats and CntryBoy777 like this.
  3. Jul 6, 2019
    farmerjan

farmerjan Herd Master

Not only the checking in as I remember reading every one of your posts when you were building/remodeling/doing all the plumbing and such.... and thinking just WOW.....

Right now my concern is the earthquakes that you have had there in the past couple of days. It is said this last one was a 7.1 and it was recorded here in Va at Va tech..... I realize that earthquakes are a "given" out there. The one we had here was so weird a few years ago, but it was very unsettling to those of us that are not even remotely acquainted with the whole process.

Hope you did not have any more complications to things with the quakes.

Glad you found some help. It is always hard to "let go" of some control, but hopefully it will really help you out in the long run.

4. Jul 15, 2019
    babsbag

babsbag Herd Master

I am alive. :) My hired is help is seasoning and packaging the cheese and it is nice to get a break from doing that. I have so many other projects and things that I enjoy, like gardening and my bees, and it was very difficult to find time to check on those things. Business is doing good and I hope to add the ice cream in a few weeks, just busier than I ever thought possible.

5. Jul 15, 2019
    Senile_Texas_Aggie

Senile_Texas_Aggie True BYH Addict

Glad to know you are OK.

CntryBoy777 and B&B Happy goats like this.
  6. Jul 15, 2019
    farmerjan

farmerjan Herd Master

Glad to hear that things are good overall. Any new developments on the barn situation?

7. Jul 15, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

Thanks for checking in Babs!

Senile_Texas_Aggie likes this.
  8. Jul 15, 2019
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Herd Master

Good !! You are having the hired help work! It's great, right? Glad you are busy with the business. You sound a tiny bit less stressed. :)

9. Jul 15, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

Thanks for checking in and letting us know that you are ok.

10. Jul 16, 2019
    Ridgetop

Ridgetop True BYH Addict

Just found your postings again. So sorry to hear about the problems with your barn collapsing. And also with Alondra vs Mia. Rehoming one of them was the only solution since you like your dogs to be able to work in the same field at all times. It as really sad for you, but the relief from that stress should help. :hugsDid you ever figure out what as causing Mia's personality change?

Keeping 2 or more Anatolian females that are the same age is a real problem. I considered getting 2 female pups from the same litter Angel came from, born November 2018. Erick warned me not to since he said by the time they reach 2-3 years old they will become enemies and fight. Definitely to the death or at least some major vet bills by the time you can separate them which is a big risk with those dogs. I listened to him, and we have had no problems so far with the 3 year age differences in our 3 Anatolians. I will just keep adding a new pup every 3 years, probably all females even though we love Bubba to death. I have kept same age females with Pyrs and they were fine, but Anatolians are a no-no according to Erick Conard. I rely on his advice - he is my Anatolian guru! LOL

I hope you can get your barn up soon is the property adjacent to you where you plan to rebuild flat? Can you at least buy a Connex container and have it delivered there to hold your feed and milking supplies? They are water tight and bug proof.

Hope everything goes well for you from now on.

Senile_Texas_Aggie and Baymule like this.