Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Could you run the blower motor and it still work? I have never heard of an rgf reme halo so don't know it that would work or not.
I could possibly do that but the things aren't cheap and I need to get it right the first time. It also says that it should be installed by a pro...there isn't much that I hire pros for but I have no clue where this installs. HVAC isn't one of my strong points.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
It says that they go in the duct work? I seldom use my heater, we have a wood stove so not sure how I would get air to flow through it. Ideas???
As STA suggested you could set the thermostat to fan only and a bit higher than the normal temp of the room. I don't know anything about the suggested device or if one could install it themselves. A lot of things that "should" be done by a professional can be done by someone with a modicum of handiness and consideration for safety. For instance it would cost hundreds of $$ to have an EV charging station installed by a licensed electrician but it is only a 40A breaker, a length of 8 gauge wire and the proper outlet. You REALLY don't need an electrician's license to put those together.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is there any way you can isolate yourself in a "safe/clean room" with two air purifiers running 24/7 ....at least while you are sleeping for 6 to 8 hours you are less exposed to the mold. ..I understand how difficult that may sound to do, but living in Florida we are always dealing with mold spores and such...plastic over doorways, exhaust fans in windows sucking the air out may also help. I have also used 50 /50 solution of water and bleach to kill the black mold....
I certainly feel for you and these challenges you are facing ...mold can be deadly...had a friend die from mold exposure...I hope for the best for you and your situation :hugs

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I was just putting it out there for an option that could work. It gets installed into the duct work. Are u burning wood now? Do u have a carbon monoxide detector in your house? Where u sleep? I would clean up the mold and definitely have a carbon monoxide detector and add the reme. Or another product like it you might find one that is free standing self contained unit

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
As STA suggested you could set the thermostat to fan only and a bit higher than the normal temp of the room. I don't know anything about the suggested device or if one could install it themselves. A lot of things that "should" be done by a professional can be done by someone with a modicum of handiness and consideration for safety. For instance it would cost hundreds of $$ to have an EV charging station installed by a licensed electrician but it is only a 40A breaker, a length of 8 gauge wire and the proper outlet. You REALLY don't need an electrician's license to put those together.

I need to figure out where it installs, they use terms that I am not at all familiar with. "Install in the air plenum just after the air handling unit (supply side)."

Maybe youtube will tell me more. :idunno

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
YouTube knows EVERYTHING (and sometimes things it doesn't know ;) )
I believe the plenum is the ductwork around the furnace and the supply side of the handling unit is the side the fan blows the hot air toward (as opposed to the opposite side where the air returns to the furnace.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was just putting it out there for an option that could work. It gets installed into the duct work. Are u burning wood now? Do u have a carbon monoxide detector in your house? Where u sleep? I would clean up the mold and definitely have a carbon monoxide detector and add the reme. Or another product like it you might find one that is free standing self contained unit

I am going to get one of the Halos, thank you for mentioning it. I burn wood and I have a carbon monoxide detector and fire alarms. It's a good thing too as I had a flue fire the other night. Stress is killing me. Mold is being cleaned up...I hope.