Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
One of the problems with a carport is that my ground is not level, there is at least 2' difference from one corner of the barn to the other corner. The last one was built on a pony wall that we built level and then the fabric structure was built on the wall. I would have to buy custom legs for the carport and we would have to install it ourselves as they won't do a custom install. I also need it tall, about 14' in the front so that it will marry up to a hay storage structure that did not fall down in the snow. I am concerned about the heat, but it gets hot where you are too so maybe I am worrying too much. The summers here are way over 100° for days on end and often the nights don't get below 80°. I just don't want to regret my decision.

Not trying to convince you into anything....we had to level the area, they had lots of heights and widths available, the structure is not like a flimsy carport, the metal supports and frame are 4 inch tubular and it is hurricane tied down, the install was included in the price....they had it up and roofed in maby 3 hours, i thought about having the inside of the roof sprayed with spray foam insulation...but found i just don't need it.....best of luck to you in finding the building that fits your needs...it is alot to consider with your busy operation :frow

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
@B&B Happy goats I honestly appreciate all ideas and all experiences. The barn I had was 30x40 so it would take us a few "hours" to put it together for sure. I never thought about spraying the inside roof with foam... I was looking at the carport type structures last week and now you have me looking again...a women's prerogative to change her mind, right?

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
@B&B Happy goats I honestly appreciate all ideas and all experiences. The barn I had was 30x40 so it would take us a few "hours" to put it together for sure. I never thought about spraying the inside roof with foam... I was looking at the carport type structures last week and now you have me looking again...a women's prerogative to change her mind, right?

Always........ Its a law...i think :lol:

Last edited:

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am going to have to find Alondra a home. She and Mia got into a fight, this time through the stock panel fence. They HATE each other with a passion and if they ever got together I know that it would end in one of them being killed. I don't want to take that risk. I have never re-homed a dog and I feel like a total failure, and I am so sad. I just don't know how to say goodbye.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not your fault!!!!! You didn't put the brain in each dog, you have to work with what they have. Sometimes you just can't fix a feud. Don't even know what is going on in each one's head that makes them want to fight.
I hope you can find her a good home quickly.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, it is just so hard. I own 2 border collie sisters that have always been great together and I owned other pairs of females through the years but they have always been spayed, or at least one of them has been. I was warned and I should have listened. Now the dog is the loser. I will be picky and she can always come home. The person needs to know LGDs and they need to understand dogs in general. I would prefer that they have another dog too and it needs to be a male. She has never been a lone dog. She isn't the most assertive dog in the pack and she needs a friend. She has also never been around children and she is dog food aggressive, but not with me. Yes...I'm picky. I have to get it right, for her sake.