Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
What STA said! And yes, rain in California in May? Not the normal time at all.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Alondra has found a great home. She won't be going for a few weeks as I will be getting her spayed first. She will be joining one of my pups from Mia so this is not an unknown which makes me a ton more comfortable letting her go. I love her to bits but swapping her and Mia with house time is sure complicated and neither of them are very happy at the house. The young woman that is taking her has a daughter in 4h and she is taking Mia's pup to obedience classes with 4h. I guess that he is doing great...an LGD with manners...and recall... I will miss Alondra a lot and really miss her in the field. My old girl is getting slower and slower, Alondra is my little speed demon, nothing gets by her. I will also miss her sweet kisses and snuggles...yes my LGDs are my babies.

As far as the barn...we will do it ourselves, whatever that is.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @babsbag,

Are you OK? How's everything there in northern California? Did you ever get your barn repaired? We all are wondering about you.

Senile Texas Aggie
I am alive and working my tail off, and thank you for asking. I have been doing three farmer's markers a week and my husband has been doing one more so a total of four. It keeps me busy not just going to markets but also doing all the milking and making cheese and it is hard to make cheese when I'm not home. I have hired a helper...never thought I would see that day. She has been a friend for about 10 years and she has many years of raising goats under her belt. I think this will be a good fit.

The weather here is so hot that I am seriously considering waiting until fall to rebuild the barn. I am putting up one like we had before with a few modifications to make sure that there will never be a repeat. We can get it up in two days so I can wait until the weather gets a little cooler and still have time to get it done before winter. The old one is down for the most part and it sure does look bare out there without it. This whole ordeal has made my chore time challenging and frustrating and some days more than I can do. I have walked out to do chores more than a few times wondering what in the heck I am doing. I won't deny that it is hard and I have to keep reminding myself that this too shall pass.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I won't deny that it is hard and I have to keep reminding myself that this too shall pass.

:hugs WHEN will it pass is the biggie...:D =D

Although you are swamped with work, it may help itself even out by having taken the path of "hiring a helper". It's needed. We know this. And we know the "fine line" of being able to support it but, at a point it will come around. It's all part of the "when". You have to learn to delegate the work to this gal, allowing YOU to do something else. Let go of what you two decide is her work, just supervise (to protect yourself from County regs) and realign your time to support your goals. Tough but, do it. It's a good move.

And, put us on the list for "once a month check-in" :D We all want to know you are OK. :caf

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
And, put us on the list for "once a month check-in" :D We all want to know you are OK. :caf
Yeah, what Mini said!
You'll probably never see another snowfall like that one. I'm sure your structural changes will help the next time snow falls and you can always use a push broom on an extendable handle to pull at least the lower snow off. I use one to clear snow from my pole mounted solar panels.

Hang tight! :hugsI hope the work becomes fun again.